Hi. Just got my rib rack for my KK and thought that I would smoke some pork ribs. Got boneless ones today. Seemed easier with all the football on. Any suggestions for wood choice? I have ECC as my fuel and was going to maybe do Oak or Mesquite. Have Dennis's coffee wood, too. Thinking about 175* - 180* internal temp to get 'm done. Was going to use a pork rub we created and maybe some A-1 instead of mustard for the application of the rub. Open to any and all thoughts. Thanks kindly.

Thanks to all. Ended up rubbing the pork with A1 and Bone Sucking Rub. Let it sit about 3 hours at room temped. Smoked at 215 or so. Got the internal up to 160, took it inside, foiled it for about 30 min and it was delicious. Used Mesquite. Not too overpowering. Will try Oak or fruit wood next time. Appreciate the replies. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Dennis has pointed out several times, the colder the surface of the meat, the better the smoke will condense on it. So, I try and go straight from the fridge to the grill on low and slows. I've even experimented with the frozen steak technique. Worked OK, but not a huge improvement (IMO) over a good reverse sear.