DennisLinkletter

New Grill Shaped 304 Stainless Drip Pans

In testing we found that using the double bottomed drip pan kept the oil from burning at 235º

23" drip pan single bottom       304  SS   8.8 lbs       $125      
23" drip pan double bottom     304  SS 14.4lbs        $190

post-2-0-79876900-1412519317_thumb.jpg

32" drip pan single =   304  SS 12.6 lbs                   $200

post-2-0-72549200-1412519390_thumb.jpg

These ended up being pricier than I hoped because they need to be CNC laser cut and of course there is the wasted material outside the cut..

These are going out on Tuesday, I'll get more images

Dennis, do these cover a larger area of the grill?  How much gap around the outside between the pan and the walls of the smoker?

I'll have too get that from the next batch of pans made as we shipped all the last batch..

Dennis, just curious:  What were the original round drip pans (a lightweight metal) made of?  

Is it appropriate to use that drip pan as a heat deflector?  It's much easier to move around than the heavy one - if it will do the job.

It is stainless.. I never use the heat deflector.. I run foil from the front to the rear of the lower grill and drop the drip pan on it.. 

Sorry to be dense but does this rest on the fire basket or heat deflector? I saw Larry R cook a turkey on some rack that was inside of a crock pot or sorts sitting on his upper grill. Captured the juices perfectly and kept the bird suspended so it was not resting in its juices. If I have a 23" is this the right one for my KK? Thanks kindly.

Gave me an inspiration - heat deflector on lower grill, with the KK drip pan inverted on top, then place my roasting pan on top of that (right side up), with the bird in the roasting rack on the main grill. Kills two birds with one stone (pun intended). Insulates the roasting pan so the drippings don't burn, and allows airflow around the bird to promote even cooking. 

Sorry to be dense but does this rest on the fire basket or heat deflector? I saw Larry R cook a turkey on some rack that was inside of a crock pot or sorts sitting on his upper grill. Captured the juices perfectly and kept the bird suspended so it was not resting in its juices. If I have a 23" is this the right one for my KK? Thanks kindly.

If you want to preserve your drippings, I would place it on top of the heat deflector, just to be safe.