wilburpan

My ordering and unpacking experience with a KK 23� Ultimate

On June 20, 2016 at 4:29 AM, Aussie Ora said:

254e179e6fd8aa4f0a6f32d27a69316a.jpgemoji12.png really great write up mate the pics are awesome let me know what I'm in for and really zoom in and apreciate the quality which looks pretty good. Forgive me I'm at the I'm getting one stage so I was looking at the top cap picfb4616cc93bfe251b86164285cbee2dd.jpg when you zoom in on this there is a tiny hole was this from the venting or does it go right through for some reason only asking because I just notice the hole for a thermometer lol

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill ♨

20 hours ago, 5698k said:

This hole is simply for a kotter pin to prevent the cap from accidentally unscrewing all the way.

Rob

20 hours ago, bosco said:

I still need to add my pins, I didnt realize that was what they were for

The cotter pin was attached to the top vent cap when I unpacked it. You can see the cotter pin in one of the photos in my original post. I took it off to get the top vent cap out of the box, and reattached it when I screwed it into the top lid.

• Like 1

The cotter pin was attached to the top vent cap when I unpacked it. You can see the cotter pin in one of the photos in my original post. I took it off to get the top vent cap out of the box, and reattached it when I screwed it into the top lid.

Cheers mate once again top post was able to zoom in really good if it wasn't for that I would have not picked it up but good to see my eyes and curiosity are still good😊

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill ♨

This is a very good Tjhread Wilbur.

Wayne, remember the statement back in this Thread about "Like a clown car with all the stuff that keeps coming out of the KK"....  It is no joke, Dennis packs a lot of thing in a very small space, very much like engineered packaging where once you get all the pieces out you will never figure out how to get it all back in there.  Just like Pandora :-)

Enjoy you new KK when it comes and just take you time moving it and get more muscle than you think you will need...

• Like 3