CeramicChef

Beauty! Comes Home To ChezChef!

First off, great virgin cook on Beauty! She did a great job!

You could be like me and "hep out" those rubs. If I get one that I don't particularly like, I'll F with it in some way. In your case, add some fresh ground dark roast coffee (or espresso powder) to the coffee rub. Add some demerara sugar to the honey one. Or if you like a stronger molasses flavor, go muscovado.

Why bother, you might ask, because I'm a cheap bastard, that's why and hate to see anything go to waste. My parents grew up in the Great Depression and I learned not to waste anything!

tony - I, like you, am one cheap bastard!  That said, the only way to help these rubs is to start from scratch!  Once on the meat they added nothing, and I mean NOTHING to the cook.  I tried a couple of bites from the Honey Garlic steaks and there was nothing there but steak.  I ate a Coffee Rub steak and it too had no flavor profile.  None. 

I knocked on my neighbor's door just before I sat down here and gave him those rubs.  He cooks on a gasser so he's not all that bright and he dadgummed certainly has an ignorant palate.  He actually thanked me!  Poor schmuck!  He'll love 'em so they won't go to waste.  My folks also were children of the depression and NOTHING went to waste.  My dear Mother knew more ways to stretch a cook than you could have ever imagined.  Thanksgiving was all about the turkey, then the leftovers, then the hot turkey sandwiches, then she would boil the carcass and make soup.  A turkey could get 10-12 meals out of it before she tossed the dry brittle bones!

I knocked on my neighbor's door just before I sat down here and gave him those rubs.  He cooks on a gasser so he's not all that bright and he dadgummed certainly has an ignorant palate.  He actually thanked me!  Poor schmuck!  He'll love 'em so they won't go to waste.  

ROFLMAO - I'm actually crying from laughter! You are one sick bastard, Ken - luv ya!!!!

Hey Ken, does that mean you're gaining weight?

Silly me, I was initially thinking he was making a comment about SWMBOI's weight and I was like, DA-HAMN, that took some cajones! Hope she doesn't read this Forum!!! 

ROFLMAO - I'm actually crying from laughter! You are one sick bastard, Ken - luv ya!!!!

Silly me, I was initially thinking he was making a comment about SWMBOI's weight and I was like, DA-HAMN, that took some cajones! Hope she doesn't read this Forum!!!

Good natured ribbing for CC, not his significant other.

tony - ya know its all I can do to keep SWMBOI from reading over my shoulder here.  She wonders about these pales of laughter that come rolling our of my home office.  She keeps asking me if I'm okay!

Okay you fat rat bastards!  Let's do the math.  SWMBOI is a petite lady, about 120 lbs.  Tony, you tell her I told you her weight and I will HUNT. YOU. DOWN.  Now if she's about a third of the total package, that makes me 240, which I am.  And YES!, SWMBO and a LOT of others will tell you I am a VERY BIG PRICK and I DO have a set of Cajones. And I have references!  Sometimes I am almost intelligent enough to know when to keep my mouth semi-partially shut!  It doesn't happen often, but occasionally ...   LOL!!!

I may be stooopud but I'm not dumb!  I know who butters my buns!

Gotta hurry up and post this so SWMBOI doesn't read this!  

• Like 2

tony - ya know its all I can do to keep SWMBOI from reading over my shoulder here. She wonders about these pales of laughter that come rolling our of my home office. She keeps asking me if I'm okay!

Okay you fat rat bastards! Let's do the math. SWMBOI is a petite lady, about 120 lbs. Tony, you tell her I told you her weight and I will HUNT. YOU. DOWN. Now if she's about a third of the total package, that makes me 240, which I am. And YES!, SWMBO and a LOT of others will tell you I am a VERY BIG PRICK and I DO have a set of Cajones. And I have references! Sometimes I am almost intelligent enough to know when to keep my mouth semi-partially shut! It doesn't happen often, but occasionally ... LOL!!!

I may be stooopud but I'm not dumb! I know who butters my buns!

Gotta hurry up and post this so SWMBOI doesn't read this!

Dang it CC - are you sure you're not my brother from another mother - LOL

That post sounds just like me although I am rarely smart enough to keep my mouth shut.

Just wait till she gets her own login. On the Guru I have to watch what I say but not here. She knows about this place but I'm hiding the details - LOL

SWMBOI will NEVER have a log in here or at the other place!  Are you kidding me?  My nuts are in the fire enough as it is!  

At least you still possess them and they're not in a jar on SWMBOI's side of the bed - YET!!! 

I remember an old post (might have to dig it up) that warns the newbies to go out a buy a new belt, 2 sizes bigger than the one you presently wear, for the inevitable weight gain that comes with owning a KK!!!

I think all of our BMI's are in the same range (can barely see our .... feet!) LOL!!!

At least you still possess them and they're not in a jar on SWMBOI's side of the bed - YET!!! 

I remember an old post (might have to dig it up) that warns the newbies to go out a buy a new belt, 2 sizes bigger than the one you presently wear, for the inevitable weight gain that comes with owning a KK!!!

I think all of our BMI's are in the same range (can barely see our .... feet!) LOL!!!

As for the cajones - ex-wife #2 got those in the divorce and you won't believe the price to get 'em back!

As for the belt, you're right!  New wardrobe as well!

I can see my feet just fine - they are propped up on the corner of my desk!  LOL!!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.