tinyfish

What did you name your Komodo

When we were first looking at getting a KK grill, my wife was partial to the matte black pebble finish shown on the KK main website.

KK-NewSite-5grills.jpg

If we had gotten this finish, we would have named our grill “Toothlessâ€, after the dragon in How to Train Your Dragon.

15083552583_988e38a2b1_o.png

But this finish wasn’t available, so we went with the Olive Gold pebble.

15701004121_b163fbd9ed_o.jpg
And so we’re named our grill “Smaugâ€, from The Hobbithappy.png

15518081540_3732a477a3_o.jpg

• Like 1

Wilbur - I like Smaug so much better than Toothless! LOL! Smaug. A name fit for a KK! Toothless. A name for an Akorn! LMAO!

That felt so good! I can say that here and not get flamed! In fact, that felt so good, I need a moment and a cigarette!

Hey buddy I'm reading this, better put your flame proof suit on - LOL

Yea you would have been toasted - LOL

• Like 1

Wilbur - I like Smaug so much better than Toothless! LOL! Smaug. A name fit for a KK! Toothless. A name for an Akorn! LMAO!

That felt so good! I can say that here and not get flamed! In fact, that felt so good, I need a moment and a cigarette!

Ken, save the moment. I'm ratting you out to the Guru site. Let the haters get their knives ready! 😱

• Like 2

My question is, who could possibly post anything negative about a kk?

Robert

Only someone who has not done his research on a komodo or someone who is jealous. Not everyone will or want a high end Kamado but it's no reason to knock somebody who has made the purchase.

• Like 1

KKers - on another forum all I have to do is mention that I have a KK and I start getting hate mail.  People tell me I'm just flaunting my money. (I worked harder than they know for everything I have.)  It's worse now that I have 2 KKs!  

I've heard how elitist I am, that the KK is ugly, that the KK isn't worth the money and that an Akorn will do the same thing, etc.  You simply can't believe what some people will post.  Now understand that most folks understand how great a KK is and when given a chance, they would choose a KK over any other kamado.  But there are those folks who tell me I'm one of the biggest idiots alive for buying 1 KK much less 2!  I just shake my head and hit the delete button.  

Reminds me of a great South Park episode about Prius cars. Prius owners got so caught up in themselves about how much better they were than everybody else, that they literally went around smelling their own farts, because it was obvious that theirs didn't stink like "regular people's!" 

• Like 1

I'm no rich guy by any means but I'm not jealous or envious of my neighbors. The problem these days is people feel they are entitled to everything. Its the now time...I want it now, nobody wants to work for what they want.

In the short time that I realized I wanted a KK I have been pinching my pennies and cutting back where I could to save a little. I had a good head start on saving but thats what I do. I save then when I see something I want I buy it.

• Like 1

I will probably be the least wealthiest kk owner on the planet. I do know how much use I will get out of it, so it made sense to me. I own Akorns and can cook anything I desire on them but if I'm going to cook almost ever night I would rather have the best tool available.

Sort of like my motorcycle. Yup a Honda would have worked but I still bought the best American V-twin chopper I could find/afford.

I've been saving my pennies too. Also sold a gun and a grill that was not being used to put towards the kk fund.

If somebody doesn't understand the kamado I want then they probably also don't understand the motorcycle I ride. I'll just smile and let them go eat McDonald's.

• Like 2