MacKenzie

Pork Chops

MacKenzie - first off, Welcome to the KK Club! Always like seeing a new KK go to a wonderful home! Congrats!

Second, those are some really nice chops! Here's to a great meal.

Ok, I'll admit, I'm an infidel. What the Sam Billie Heck is a De Buyer pan? I've never heard of such a thing. But then I have lived in Oklahoma and Texas most of my life .... LOL!

Thanks, CC:) de Buyer pan are steel pans that heat quickly and evenly and once seasoned are stick free. They are made from 99% iron, de Buyer Mineral pots and pans don't have any chemicals or coatings. Do a web search and you will quickly see what all the fuss is about:) They are beautiful and easily seasoned. :)

• Like 1

ckreef, sounds delicious:) I hope you are able to post pixs:)

Not the best pictures but here goes (I hope you don't mind I post them in your thread)

Low-n-slow phase.

f03bb9077a8c87285a2d5b886b589d82.jpg

Sear phase.

c1e096ec72e4be35c9e384772cfc1021.jpg

At a full 2" it really is a monster chop. Sweet Potato and spiced apple rings. Nice simple cook after a long day.

692320590f384545c5af2feed6804db4.jpg

Nice pork gents. Well done. Does it feel like you are waiting for Christmas that will never come? After the order is the hardest part. Ck is going to get a quicker resolution due to ordering from stateside stock.

To make you feel better, Wilbur's got all the way to the LA port and a fire delayed his delivery. When mine arrived at the house, sigh, wrong color. Had to go back and the replacement took a couple of weeks. Dennis fixed it, as always, but man was that painful to stare at a 23" in the driveway and know you can't open it.

Soon boys. Soon.

Those apples sure are eye catchers also:-)

Funny story - I was going to go with sweet potatoes and carrots. Mrs skreef informed me that orange and orange would not look right for a plated picture. She is the one who picked the spiced apple rings.

I guess I have the family won over when they are composing the plated picture and we haven't even left the grocery store yet - LOL

We call those "Iowa Chops" here. They are at least 1 1/2" thick, often thicker. Regular item at the butcher's counter. I pick'em up when they go on sale, usually once/month. Like I've said before, "It's great to live where the pigs are!" 

post-975-0-76752900-1427039844_thumb.jpg

post-975-0-28790300-1427039720_thumb.jpg

post-975-0-78366300-1427039737_thumb.jpg

Hey CC, I can't say enough great things about De Buyer pans. You should get one and check it out. I got all mine at Cooks Catalog. 

http://www.chefscatalog.com/product/25200-de-buyer-mineral-fry-pan.aspx

Your wife picked it just right:)

I have a question for you how do you get the pixs that size to show on this page? What size are you uploading? Thanks:)

For most pictures I crop them down to what I want to see then resize them to 1024 x ???

For the money shot I do the same but resize to 2048 x ??? - just so I loose no detail if somebody looks at the money shot on a large high end monitor.

Also by keeping those standard width dimensions all the pictures space the same left to right when viewed through a forum.