MacKenzie

Pork Chops

ckreef, I think I'm doing the same thing. The pixs showing the seasoned chops was 1024x768 but it show up as the same size pix as your posted ones????

Using my smart phone and tapatalk I didn't really know what you were talking about.

I just now logged on using my desk top and now I understand. The view of your pictures are way small where mine fills the page.  hmmmmmm

Are you using third party picture hosting? I upload direct from my device to the forum.

Did a Cuban dinner tonight – Mojo porkchops done Sous Vide, finished on the KK, with grilled pineapple, blood orange reduction, drunken black beans & Caribbean rice, and a nice sourdough baggette. Chardonnay was the beverage of choice tonight.

Boneless pork loin chop, in the SV bag, with a slice of blood orange on each side, which was dusted with Badia Saison Complete and a splash of Badia Mojo marinade.

post-975-0-57562800-1428890725_thumb.jpg

Sous Vide for 4 hours @ 132F (55.6C).

Out of the SV bath and onto the KK, lower grate, basket splitter, no wood, 350Fdome. Grill 3-4 minutes each side, just to crust the outside of the porkchop. Fresh pineapple slice was dusted with Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head.

post-975-0-83592200-1428890809_thumb.jpg

Sides – Drunken Black Beans and Caribbean rice.

1 can of Goya Black Beans, drained and rinsed. Start with coconut oil in the pot, saute ½ of a white onion, diced, with a couple of cloves of chopped garlic. Add the beans, a shot of dark rum, ¼ cup of chicken stock, ½ tsp Adobo seasoning, and 3-4 dashes of a good habanero hot sauce.

Saute ¼ white onion (diced) in coconut oil, add ½ cup rice and saute pilaf style. Add a ½ tsp of Badia Tropicale rice seasoning. Add a cup of chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook rice for 20 minutes.

Sauce was a reduction of fresh blood orange juice (1 orange), juices from the pork chop SV pouch, and 1 tbl of the Badia Mojo marinade. Bring to a boil and reduce by ¾, add a splash of dark rum. Finish with a Tbl of butter.

Money shot.

post-975-0-61766900-1428890844_thumb.jpg

post-975-0-87792200-1428890942_thumb.jpg