Living north of the border it is challenging sometimes to find some half decent rubs. I decided to bite the bullet and place an order from the states. The shipping is outrageous but the rub prices are cheap compared to here.

I ordered five different rubs. So far all I did was smell them and 4 out of the 5 smell wonderful, the 5th one has a spice that I dont like the smell of too much but its tastes fine when I sampled a bit.

I ordered:

Eat Barbeque Zero to Hero sweet rub (this is a repurchase)

Ployboys Yardbird (kept hearing how popular this is)

Cimarrons Doc's Sweet rib rub

Smokin Guns Mild

Smokin Guns Sweet Heat

Cant wait to test them out.post-2313-0-61452300-1434656008_thumb.jp

I have a BBQ rub (and hot sauce) problem. My pantry is crammed full. Seriously. I need professional counselling! So, if you're ever curious about a particular rub, ask me, as I likely have it in my pantry, or have tried it sometime  in the past. 

LOVE the Yardbird! My "go to" for chicken. The rest of their line is very good, too.

Wasn't a big fan of the Smoking Gun (Hot) rub. Just didn't do it for me. 

Love all the Dizzy Pig rubs. They partner with that other green thing, so if you have a local store that sells Eggs, they likely will have some Dizzy Pigs rubs, too. They are also marketing a collaboration rub under the BGE label. Haven't tried those and probably won't. 

Oakridge BBQ rubs are all the bomb. 

Billy Bones rubs and sauces are great, especially the Cherry Bomb. Super on duck breasts. 

I like SuckleBusters stuff, too. Hoochie Mama is my favorite in that line. I use their Gunpowder (powdered jalapenos) in lots of other cooking. 

3Eyz BBQ is a good rub, too. I use it on pork ribs a lot. 

I also throw together my own rubs now and then, but I never write anything down, so it's hard to duplicate them. I also like to blend commercial rubs together to create new profiles or to balance out things in each one that I think are disproportionate. Just part of the overall fun of BBQing!!

I have a BBQ rub (and hot sauce) problem. My pantry is crammed full. Seriously. I need professional counselling! So, if you're ever curious about a particular rub, ask me, as I likely have it in my pantry, or have tried it sometime  in the past. 

LOVE the Yardbird! My "go to" for chicken. The rest of their line is very good, too.

Wasn't a big fan of the Smoking Gun (Hot) rub. Just didn't do it for me. 

Love all the Dizzy Pig rubs. They partner with that other green thing, so if you have a local store that sells Eggs, they likely will have some Dizzy Pigs rubs, too. They are also marketing a collaboration rub under the BGE label. Haven't tried those and probably won't. 

Oakridge BBQ rubs are all the bomb. 

Billy Bones rubs and sauces are great, especially the Cherry Bomb. Super on duck breasts. 

I like SuckleBusters stuff, too. Hoochie Mama is my favorite in that line. I use their Gunpowder (powdered jalapenos) in lots of other cooking. 

3Eyz BBQ is a good rub, too. I use it on pork ribs a lot. 

I also throw together my own rubs now and then, but I never write anything down, so it's hard to duplicate them. I also like to blend commercial rubs together to create new profiles or to balance out things in each one that I think are disproportionate. Just part of the overall fun of BBQing!!

Tony have you tried Cimarron Doc's Sweet Rib Rub by the smell its one of my favorite already and Ployboys yardbird smells just as good.

Thanks Robert I will try this next time I order items to my USA postal box. The shipping to Canada is $46.

WOW! That's pretty steep! No wonder you don't order directly from the US. 

Have to admit that I haven't tried any Cimarron Doc's rubs. Will be eager to hear how you like it after you've done a couple of cooks with it. 

WOW! That's pretty steep! No wonder you don't order directly from the US. 

Have to admit that I haven't tried any Cimarron Doc's rubs. Will be eager to hear how you like it after you've done a couple of cooks with it.

Planing on doing some ribs on Sunday so I'll test out some rubs.

Funny, I plan to do ribs on Sunday, too! We can compare notes. I will likely use either Dizzy Dust or 3Eyz, my usual go-to's for ribs, or I do have Secret Weapon from Oakridge or some Billy Bones that I haven't used in a while. Choices, choices, choices!!

Funny, I plan to do ribs on Sunday, too! We can compare notes. I will likely use either Dizzy Dust or 3Eyz, my usual go-to's for ribs, or I do have Secret Weapon from Oakridge or some Billy Bones that I haven't used in a while. Choices, choices, choices!!

Sounds like a bomb.

I will do some baby backs some beef ribs and some short ribs if I can find them. I will be using Eat Barbeque sweet rub, Cimarron Doc's Sweet Rib Rub, Yardbird and Smokin Guns mild rub. I should have said I will be trying all but one rub...lol.

I have so many spices that SWMBOI banished them all to the garage! I make my own rubs, except for Montreal Steak and Chicken, so I have an extension collection of spices. I just can't understand SWMBOI putting them all is the garage. She's a mystery! LOL!

Maybe you can move some of her shoe/purse collection to the garage also...LOL.

You'll get no sympathy here on your shipping rates to Canada.  We average one amazon shipment a month from the States to Singapore...  Won't tell you what it costs, but $46 it is not.

But think you have inspired me to load up on some rubs when we are home for a visit this summer.  Let me know your favs.

I have so many spices that SWMBOI banished them all to the garage! I make my own rubs, except for Montreal Steak and Chicken, so I have an extension collection of spices. I just can't understand SWMBOI putting them all is the garage. She's a mystery! LOL!

Hope you vacuum seal them. Okie summers will bake the ever living crap out of them in the garage if they aren't in the beer fridge (assume you have one of those in the garage!)

Hope you vacuum seal them. Okie summers will bake the ever living crap out of them in the garage if they aren't in the beer fridge (assume you have one of those in the garage!)

Well, I'm soon to have a LOT more room for all my goods. I'm back to being a bachelor!

But tony, your point is well taken. Thanks for looking out for this fat rat.

Well, I'm soon to have a LOT more room for all my goods. I'm back to being a bachelor!

But tony, your point is well taken. Thanks for looking out for this fat rat.

Sorry to hear that, man! At least this one isn't walking away with most of your stuff in a divorce settlement! Good thing you bought Beauty, as you'll be doing smaller cooks now.