LarryR

What you cooking this weekend 7/25-26?

I'm back! Got my temporary cooking area ready to go, landscapers will finish Saturday morning so I'm feeling a nice look cook. Going to do four pork butts as I have some hungry boys here for the next week or so and I need to gift some pork-butt to a neighbor who allowed my contractors to use his vacant lot during construction in my backyard.

Love a nice long smoke on the KK and weather in Vegas this Saturday should be idea for hanging by the smoker, drinking ice cold beer and getting in and out of the water.

Anyone else cooking this weekend?

I'm doing some ribeyes that have been dry aging in an umai bag. I think I'm gonna get about eight, so I'm also gonna try a seasoning that was mentioned recently, Jeff Ruby steakhouse seasoning. I'm an S&P kinda guy, but this whole thing is an experiment, so, why not?

Robert

I'm doing some ribeyes that have been dry aging in an umai bag. I think I'm gonna get about eight, so I'm also gonna try a seasoning that was mentioned recently, Jeff Ruby steakhouse seasoning. I'm an S&P kinda guy, but this whole thing is an experiment, so, why not?

Robert

Love experiments, some of my go to cooks started out as experiments, e.g. reverse sear tri-tip, high-heat brisket and "dry" ribs. Looking forward to some pics!

Haven't gotten to cook out in over a week, so I'm definitely into withdrawal right now.

Saturday and Sunday are open, so I know one of them will be a whole chicken, as I want to try Wilbur's baking powder treatment on a whole bird. Plus, that roti chicken that MacKenzie did on her new grill was just the icing on the cake! May do a tri-tip (or regular steak) for the other cook - DNK at this point. 

Eager to hear how those Umai bag steaks come out, Robert!

Nothing too special just a couple USDA Prime briskets. We can't find these north of the border. I now have a contact that brings in USDA Prime briskets and striploins every so often.

Damn, that sounds good. I've been jonesing for a good brisket and a meat market in town has Wagyu Australian Brisket AA9+ for $8.98 a lb. So tempting . . . enjoy those babies! 

Nice...I've never even SEEN a brisket, let alone tasted one.

What godforsaken part of this planet do you live on, Antarctica?

Damn, that sounds good. I've been jonesing for a good brisket and a meat market in town has Wagyu Australian Brisket AA9+ for $8.98 a lb. So tempting . . . enjoy those babies! 

Aussie Waygu for $8.99/lb!!  :wtf:  Must be a Vegas thing! 

That has got to be the understatement of the month. ^_^

What I meant its not a Snake River Farm brisket.

Wow you are lucky to get that quality of brisket for that price.

Geez Louise, Larry! $8.98 a lb.? What caliber gun are you using in this holdup? What a steal! For that price, I'd be buying by the case.

I just don't understand the original question.

There has only been 1 or 2 weekends over the last couple of years that I didn't kamado cook.

For the non smart ass answer - I know I'm cooking (for the Guru pepper challenge)

The Backyard Bistro Watermelon Crawl.

That is all I have planned but I'm sure I'll come up with a few more things.

• Like 1