Poochie

Anyone own a 21"?

Good info from everyone and it is appreciated. Keep 'em coming!  I'd like the room on the 23" for sure, as well as the extra grill you get (compared to 2 on the 21").  Otherwise, they're basically the same. I'm leaning towards the 23".  Now the really big question: Cobalt Blue or Terra Blue. I like the white too since it looks like you're cooking BBQ in an igloo.

Poochie - I'm a pebble guy. Both Beauty! And TheBeast are both pebbled and it's the pebbles that are real conversation starters at every single party. Pebbles make for a really striking presentation of the KK. People are in awe of TheBeast when they first see him. He is huge and the pebbles .... people can't help but touch TheBeast. As for Beauty!, she is a cute little petite thing with these gorgeous deep gold colored tiles. People just look at her and smile, especially the kids. And kids love cooking their burgers or dogs on her.

The reason I tell you this is to let you know that while KKs are striking, no matter the covering, I feel based on the reaction of my guests, the pebbles make an even bigger statement. Nobody has ever seen anything like a pebbled kamado, but couple the beauty of the pebbles with the KK itself and the fact that people love the hand laid finish, and to me, a pebbles KK makes a huge statement.

Now, this is not to say that the tiled KKs are stunning. They are. Every time I look at the bronzed tiled KKs that sit in 5698k's, Rob's, outdoor kitchen, I always take a second look. Every time I see the cobalt blue tiled KK Big Bad, I'm sorely tempted to call Dennis and say "I can't stand it anymore! Send that cobalt blue in every size you've got!"

No matter what you choose, it's going,to make a very real statement about you and your life and the value you place on world class quality. Your kids will fight over your KK when youre off to your great reward. Get the style that you love. You'll have it for a very long time!

I wish you all the best and welcome!

Autumn Nebula tiles for me. My old POSK was Cobalt Blue tiles. It's also a stunning color. Both grills have gotten comments similar to CeramicChef's. Most folks are used to a flat/textured surface in a monochromatic finish (you all know who I'm talking about  ;-) ).

But to echo everyone else, get what you really want, even if it means waiting for the next container ship. Unless, you think you might eventually get 2, then you can get Choice #2 now and wait to get the pebbled one when they are back in stock!!!  :wtg:

Now there's an idea, Tony. Get one now with plans for another in a different size and cool color later. I wonder how the young lady I've been married to for 39 years would think about that idea? She 100% for which ever I get now and refers to it as the last smoker I'll ever need. Oh really???

I guess it's because I've had every Weber made, a Kamado Joe, a Green Egg and a few I'm too embarrassed to mention. (Starts with A and ends with corn).  I've given myself until tomorrow to make a decision and stick with it.  

Thanks for all the input so far. The bottom line is that everyone seems happy with what they have and I'm sure I will be too.

You will, no doubt, be super happy with whichever model/color/texture you choose. We eagerly await your decision. (Wanna bet in six months, you get the green light from the Mrs. on KK #2 after she's had the killer food you'll be cooking on #1?? Would make a great present from Santa!!)

"... and a few I'm too embarrassed to mention ..." Confession time, Poochie - ever own a POSK? Many of us here have committed that sin, but know we've found grace now!

Well it looks like tomorrow is "go to the bank day!"  Dennis refused to send me a Komodo unless I sent some money. Come on, man!  I'm getting the teak shelves, firebox splitter, baking stone, rotisserie basket, grill lifters, coco char, AND a 21" bronze metallic Komodo!! Yes I am excited about it. I'm 60 years old but feel like a brat at Christmas.  After I find out the delivery date, I'll start a new thread for the countdown. In the mean time, I plan to bug all of you about Stokers, CyberQ's, rolling that contraption from the driveway to my backyard (1/2" plywood??), and other pesky questions about it. 

Thanks again for all the good advice and keeping the standards up on a really great forum!

• Like 1

poochie - you found the ONE area where Dennis gets a little hard nosed! :lol:

Congrats! I couldn't be happier for you. Welcome to the KK Club! You're about to embark on a culinary journey you simply won't believe.

Use two sheets of 1/2" OSB, oriented strand board, to move your grill. I used this on my KK BB 32" and it performed admirably. OSB is typically stronger than plywood and considerably cheaper.

Well MacKenzie, I sort of pulled a fast one. Dennis had one that he had photographed and for some reason didn't put on the site. When I told him I really liked the bronze, he remembered that he had one. So it worked out for both of us. I'm still not sure which one I would have picked if this one didn't become available. Doesn't matter now, it'll be mine soon!