Poochie

Anyone own a 21"?

I do all my BBQing in a 20X24 metal building. It has 2 roll up doors (8 feet wide each) and a regular door, so ventilation isn't a problem. I can cook in every type of weather this way and never get wet. Unfortunately, my shop is on a slab that's about 4 1/2" high. If I can get the Komodo up to that step, maybe the crate lid/ramp can help me get it up there with some well watered friends. Unless you guys know a trick.

Congratulations on getting a KK grill! Regardless of the size, you’re going to love having one.

As 5698k said, if the ramp used to get the grill off the base of the shipping crate can’t get the grill up your step, just get a big sheet of plywood and lay it down so that one end is supported by the step and the other is on the ground. Wedge a 2x4 underneath the plywood for some additional support.

Thanks CC, I'll check out Lowe's or Home Depot to see if they have some OSB. Never heard of it, but I"ll get it if it's that strong. If it held up to that monster you ordered, mine should be no problem.

The cat is a Bengal but it's not mine. It belongs Dennis, but he said he's shipping him along with my Komodo since KitKat was verbalizing while I was placing my order. I guess I need to get more good lump, smoking wood, and Meow Mix. 

Thanks GoFrogs, I'm thinking that this Komodo is already in Californey, so it may not take too long. It gives me time to redo stuff in my shop to prep for it. Really looking forward this contraption getting here. I'll do the break in and then have to decide on the first cook. Probably both the same day. That is if I don't strain my gizzard too much getting into the shop.

Awesome! Welcome to the magic of KK cooking. Know you've had experiences with other ceramics, but while similar, it's not the same - at all. Can't wait for the pics of the arrival, offloading, and that all important virgin cook!

As Tom Petty says, "The waiting is the hardest part!"