Poochie

Komodo delivery update

And.....it's official! The Bronze beauty is on a truck heading this way...all 888 pounds of it! I should have it sometime next week. I'm guessing by Thursday at the latest. In the meantime, I have a CyberQ heading this way. Too bad I don't any cash left for meat.  

Yep, I've given plenty of thought about moving that sucker to it's final resting place. I plan to grease the delivery dude's palm to help me get it into my shop. I appreciate you filling me in about OSB too. Picking that up today.  If we can get it over the 4-5" slab, I've got it made.

Here’s a tip on getting the crate up over your step. Besides just putting down the OSB, take a couple of 2x4’s and place them under the OSB to add extra support. Put one down flat, and the other on its side, like this.

post-1821-0-64183500-1439316226_thumb.pn

The support from the 2x4’s will stiffen up the ramp, and prevent it from flexing when the crate is riding up over it.

Thanks for the tip, wilburpan, that should work. I had planned to double stack the OSB for the ramp, but 2x4s would be extra reinforcement.

Robert, it's possible to butt it up against the slab if I can get the dude to use the pallet jack all the way to the shop. The unknown is if there would be a difference between the pallet hight and the slab hight. If I keep the pallet a small distance away, the lid/ramp of the pallet might be a slight incline or decline,  but should still be doable. 

These delivery guys are only required to get packages and crates off the truck and out of the street and "to" your house. Anything else is a bonus. That pallet jack is worth its weight in gold for something like this. In a worst case scenario, I'll uncrate it in my driveway and roll the Komodo itself to a homemade ramp by the shop.

Another update. My Bronze Komodo will be in Texas tonight. I live in Louisiana so it's within reach. I also received my CyberQ today. Easy peasy! I had it search for my wifi. Found it. Selected it and put in my password and that's it. It works! I can change temperatures with my iPhone and iPad and Mac. Check on it, set alarms. It was almost too easy to set up. I didn't configure email on it because I don't want that right now.

Anyway, it's all here but the cooker. I've been thinking of names for it. It's fairly short, bright, will kick ass, and looks great. So who did I think of? Do you guys recognize this guy?

enhanced-buzz-17349-1361898328-8.jpg

• Like 1