bryan

Tandoori Oven

My pastor, Father Prakash, if from India. I asked him about baking Naan. He looked at me like I was nuts! We went to is favorite Indian Market and he said buy this brand of Naan. He said it was every bit as good as homemade. I've never looked back.

But I find Naan is best fresh from the tandoor, great that you can get it from the market, but if you are cooking up a storm you don't want to stop and rush out to get fresh ones!

I certainly don't wish to insult Father Prakash, but in my experience not everyone from a culture is as food obsessed as all of us! how many Americans would tell you that they think shop bought hamburgers are as good as home ground patties? 😜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too prefer making my own stuff. I have finally mastered corn tortillas. It looks like I will accept this challenge and will learn how to make naan.

I like goining pioneer when cooking. The less store bought the better.... However if I had someone point out good mask like CC that would be good too

KKers - the Naan that I buy at the Indian market is fresh made daily and packaged on site. It has a little tag with a logo it and it comes in a clear plastic bag, 5 to a bag. Heck, I've even seen people ask for 7 or 12 and the little ladies package it right up for them. I can't make Naan as cost effectively and as fresh as I get at the market.

jclarkhpa - ill try and remember to ask Prakash or the ladies if they have a favorite brand that you might be able to purchase there is Hawaii.