bosco

My order post

I also opted out of a gas port so mine will be removed from the design.

You mean there won't be a second draft door on the right near the back?

I don't have the official gas lighter but I use that draft door regularly. My first choice for opening up full throttle, to get to 600 F quickly under observation. Sometimes I've stuck a weed burner in there to light from underneath. I could live without the latter, but I like being able to provide plenty of air.

Perhaps I wouldn't miss that door on a new issue KK? For mine, the front ash shield is a retrofit, and the front draft door doesn't slide easily in and out with the ash shield in place. A "fit and finish" issue that would have never left the factory, but my KK was built before the new ash shields, which I nevertheless prefer.

When I clean out the ashes, I have a protocol where I first slide in the front draft door, then I slide on the ash shield. The reverse order is an awkward fit. Perhaps this is the reason I shy away from using the front draft door to open up full throttle.

This also could just be "live in a big house? use all the rooms?" psychology, I'm sure I could actually get by without that second draft door. But I use it.

I will never run gas to them for starters.

As for leaving t for venting that is a wonderful concept actually.

I read a post by Robert looking to seal his up and figured why bother.

Please don't make me reconsider things lol. This process was more difficult than building a house

The only reason I can imagine using the rear door is for the gas burner. As Dennis says, this isn't practical for lo/slo's. I find opening the front vents fully, and opening the top vent fully gets hot as fast as I want, and because mine is somewhat recessed, I wish that door wasn't there.

Robert

Spoke with Dennis again today... Good news is he says I am not his most annoying customer as of yet, however, I am in the top 5 so I still have room to work!!

My grills were cast and formed.  Just waiting on a few parts to finish building but things are moving along nicely!!!!

I purchased some new cooking tools today to go with my KK's.  I ordered a 4 and 7 qt. dutch oven and chose a colour that Robert says that he can live with!!  

This outdoor kitchen is going to be awesome!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

For now that is my intent.  I love my KJs!!  I am not sure what the future will hold with these two new additions.  I have the room in the yard.  I may actually create a bbq nook down by my pool shed and have a few down there.  

This is unchartered water for me so to speak.  I know that these KKs will be awesome to cook on that is for sure, and will consider a 16" maybe next spring.  

So for right now status quo, and can't wait to get these bad boys home to Canada!!