Poochie

Almond Crusted Pork Loin

I broke up some almonds in a  food processor to put on the pork loin. First, I coated it with yogurt.

post-2487-0-20656800-1441225087_thumb.jp

Then add some almond pieces

post-2487-0-42594300-1441225089_thumb.jp

Outside and ready to go on Bolo

post-2487-0-00708800-1441225092_thumb.jp

And done

post-2487-0-09300600-1441225097_thumb.jp

Sorry about no money shot. This is grub for my grandchildren tomorrow and it'll heat up better being whole. Cooked at 250 until internal temperature was around 150. I also added some commercial pork rub before I put the almonds on. And a sprinkle or two of basil. 

• Like 1

That's got to be a fun twist.. I gotta try yogurt as a neutral adhesive.. 

BTW for low and slow cooks my go to "adhesive" for rub and anything else I want to stick is French's yellow mustard. It turns black absorbs smokey goodness.. and you will never know it was mustard.. Magic bark..

I agree with Dennis about French's yellow mustard. It's my go to rub glue and help makes excellent bark.

I had just enough yogurt in a container to do this pork loin, so I used it. Yogurt is also great if you get your butcher to "unroll" a pork loin. Smear the inside with yogurt, basil leaves, seasoning of your choice and roll it back up. Wrap with bacon and tie it. When you slice it, it'll have that yummy flavor inside and outside.

Really good idea with almonds. Might also work with pistachios. I oftn use grey poupon mustard on my pork loin with fresh herbs.  I never thought of the mustard as an adhesive but now I will. But the yogourt sounds great. We often use a yogourt sauce with a little lemon juice and fresh mint leaves for our lamb. I will now try it as an adhesive.  If I try pistachios I will let everyone know how it worked.