DennisLinkletter

Is the 32" Big Bad too big?

Ok... This thread has just put a spanner in the works... My heart was set on a 23 ultimate, until now!

The problem isn't the price difference between the grills, it's the size of roof garden/yard in Singapore I'll need to get to house the beast!! That'll put my rental up for sure!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomahawk - following is the link from the KK website that details the sizes of the 32 and the 23 in a side-by-side comparison.

http://komodokamado.com/pages/compare-grill-s-features-and-specifications

About the only place where you might run into trouble is if you are going to use both side tables while cooking. They really increase the width. Heck, I've seen aircraft with smaller wings than my 32, TheBeast! :lol:

Wow, Frog!  Congratulations.  Right in the middle of football season!  I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your setup if you'd be so kind to share, as my two favorite colors (now) are the Terra Blue and Harvest Gold Pebble.  I honestly can't decide as I've flipped and flopped.

My wife is officially on board, which is excellent news.  We are just going to save up.  She even suggested purchasing a teak table to go with the 23" Ultimate, but would like for the table to be able to support my current Kamado Joe Jr, and eventually maybe the 16 or 19 table top way down the road :).  Always a step ahead!

I'm afraid the weight of the 19 would be too much, but I'm not certain on that....much less the 16.

• Like 1

RedStick, that is fantastic news that you wife in looking forward to a KK. :) I'd like to make a suggestion, wait until you cook on your KK and see if you will really want/need your Kamado Joe. The KK is just so lovely to cook on that you might want to trade in your K Joe for another KK and then again you might decide that the 23 does everything you need. Just a thought. ;) Start saving, give each other a piece of a KK for anniversaries/birthdays/Xmas/Mothers' Day/Fathers' Day. :):):)

Tomahawk - following is the link from the KK website that details the sizes of the 32 and the 23 in a side-by-side comparison.

http://komodokamado.com/pages/compare-grill-s-features-and-specifications

About the only place where you might run into trouble is if you are going to use both side tables while cooking. They really increase the width. Heck, I've seen aircraft with smaller wings than my 32, TheBeast! :lol:

If I get a place with a roof garden it's the weight I'm worried about: look at Cookie's roof top: he got guys to carry up 2 KKs but stopped short of getting a 32 because it's just too heavy to get up the stairs!!

Awesome GoFrogs91 can't wait to see some pictures. I really wish Dennis would have had something I wanted in that special. The trigger would have been pulled. RedStick the biggest issue is always getting the significant other on board. Now that you've solved that problem it should be smooth sailing to the KK purchase.

Edited by DennisLinkletter

If I get a place with a roof garden it's the weight I'm worried about: look at Cookie's roof top: he got guys to carry up 2 KKs but stopped short of getting a 32 because it's just too heavy to get up the stairs!!

Tomahawk - ill be the very first to agree with you. TheBeast is not a petite little guy. Moving him from the garage around the side of the house was an experience. It took a total of 3 of us, a couple of pieces of half-inch oriented strand board, and a cooler full of beer to get the deal done.

I'm not familiar with with the logistics of having to move a KK onto a roof top garden patio. Knowing building codes, I don't think a 32" would overload the weight portion, especially near a building wall. The limiting factor is the logistics of getting the 32 in place.

No matter which route you go, 23 or 32, you'll have the finest, best looking cooker in the neighborhood!

Wow, Frog! Congratulations. Right in the middle of football season! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your setup if you'd be so kind to share, as my two favorite colors (now) are the Terra Blue and Harvest Gold Pebble. I honestly can't decide as I've flipped and flopped.

My wife is officially on board, which is excellent news. We are just going to save up. She even suggested purchasing a teak table to go with the 23" Ultimate, but would like for the table to be able to support my current Kamado Joe Jr, and eventually maybe the 16 or 19 table top way down the road :). Always a step ahead!

I'm afraid the weight of the 19 would be too much, but I'm not certain on that....much less the 16.

I'll post when I get the 19" in. If you and your wife want to check them out in person, the offer still stands.

Awesome GoFrogs91 can't wait to see some pictures. I really wish Dennis would have had something I wanted in that sale. The trigger would have been pulled. RedStick the biggest issue is always getting the significant other on board. Now that you've solved that problem it should be smooth sailing to the KK purchase.

I guess there must be a little piranha in me. When the feeding frenzy around the sale ensued I just couldn't help myself even though he didn't discount the 19s.

Sooooooooooo.......I bought a 19" tall. They seem to be rare on the forum so I will be happy to represent. I spoke with Dennis and he sold 18 grills over the weekend. He may want to make the sale an annual event. Call it the Fence Sitters Cattle Prod Sale.

Just to be clear.. Sorry folks.. We will never have annual sales.. from day one only discontinued models or models which have had a significant upgrade/design change (this won't happen ever again) or inventory that is dated.. This last clearance/sale (to the KK mailing list only) was getting rid of older grills shot on a black background on a palette with wrapped bases..  As all of you owners will attest/confirm I don't discount the grills.. Because we don't have a large wholesale to retail margin built into the price of the grills.. sales don't work business wise.  I may help with some of the delivery or throw in some charcoal from time to time but waiting on a sale to purchase a KK will be futile and you will get grey waiting..

LOL  Just saying..

That being said I sold all the dated grills and more.. 26 total to be exact.. I'm thrilled.. thanks to all who helped make the clearance so successful..

• Like 1