bosco

fajitas

My boys hockey seasons have begun.... not allowing me to get many cooks in.  So after about a week or two, I finally had some time.  We have hockey tonight, so I wanted to cook early enough and be able to clean up before my older sons hockey game tonight.

Anyways......  

Last week my local hardware store Canadian Tire had cast on clearance.  I purchased three sizes of enamel dutch ovens.  I found this gem the other day in another aisle also on clearance.   It is a 14" pizza stone.  I only plan on using it as a skillet of sorts, for fajitas, making corn tortilla shells, etc.  Not for pizza.

_DSC1202.jpg

_DSC1203.jpg

Here are my usual suspects... keeping it simple.  Todays cook was marinated in John Henry's cilantro and lime and cilantro fajita.  Great mix of rubs.

_DSC1196.jpg

Diced up three chicken breasts to start, and cut up some fresh veggies.  

Preheated the grill to 375 and placed the skillet on the grill.  Wiped it with some EVOO and let it get hot.  

_DSC1204.jpg

The skillet was up to temp in no time at all.  Added the chicken and cooked that.  Then slowly added all of the other ingredients.    Finished the cook off with some fresh cilantro.  

_DSC1207.jpg

_DSC1213.jpg

_DSC1218.jpg

_DSC1230.jpg

and just a quick and simple early lunch lol!!

_DSC1238.jpg

I am so very impressed with this lagostina cast skillet.  Really cool !!!!

Ckreef, I am not sure if you have lagostina in the US but it is a really good quality brand here.

It was 169.99 on sale for 49.99!! 70% off this week

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/kitchen/bakeware/pizza-pans/lagostina-tuscan-collection-14-pizza-pan-1425455p.html?utm_campaign=bazaarvoice&utm_medium=SearchVoice&utm_source=RatingsAndReviews&utm_content=Default