bosco

bosco's shipping thread

yeah exactly... My OCD has caused this lol!!!  I wanted them to be identical so custom was the only way to go.  

Seeing them in transit is really cool.  It is a back story when I talk about my grills.  People at work keep asking me where my grills are today LOL.

Not knowing is the hardest part.  Seeing the progress each day is what makes the wait manageable.

If I was just ordering one or didn't care too much about them being exact... I would totally just order online and ship from the warehouse in California 

I went over the ships events last night to better understand what had happened.  

It went to port in Singapore on Monday onto Tuesday then spent a day anchored outside of port.  I couldn't figure out what it was doing, then late last night it went back in to a second port next to Singapore.  So it must have been waiting for the second port to open for loading.

Anyways, almost 12 hours ago my boat went off the grid as it entered the South China Sea.  

post-2504-0-84782300-1445968559_thumb.pn

I just got word that my boat just reached the port of Hong Kong about 30 min. ago.  Still a far way from home but it is the next step.  I should get the updated mother ship info in the next few days so I will know when exactly it is leaving for Vancouver.  I checked over the NP1 Pacific route for November and there is a boat leaving on the 4th and another on the 10th.  I really hope that I make the quick turn around and make the earlier boat, not sure that is possible but I can hope.

Anyways we are getting there.... this is a great milestone as I know we are about a month away now

post-2504-0-43613800-1446276475_thumb.pn

Sounds like the slow boat to Vancouver is in the hurry up and wait mode. Not at all sure I could handle the stress. You play cards?

This will all make a good scrapbook for the ages. Are your babies scared or having the time of their life taking the scenic route?

There is work of some mischievous being out there doing this to me for sure!!!

I cant wait to find out the name of the next boat so I have a more definitive time.  If I make either of the next two NP1 boats out my KKs will hit the port of Vancouver by the 17th or 24th of November.  I should be cooking by second or third week of December.  Pretty crazy to think that my first cook could be Christmas dinner

well.... I am officially done with my second boat!!!  X Press Karakoram has officially left port... meaning my grills are at the shipping yard awaiting the mother boat.  

From everything that I can tell I am looking at a shipping date of either November 4th on the Zim Rotterdam or November 11th Frankfurt Express.  that is my hope at least, I guess anything can happen. 

My documents were all mailed to me last week, so I will be getting them soon and I guess I have to courier them to a customs broker once I get them.

This is happening and so very exciting.  It is Sunday morning already in Indo so I figure I will not get ship update until at least Monday or Tuesday!!!

I mean don't get me wrong... I would love my KKs here tomorrow but I really think it is cool seeing the journey home.  I think that has helped pass the time. 

I was more anxious ordering them and awaiting the word that they were ready (Robert can attest to that!!). 

I am a control freak and the unknown is what bothers me.  Knowing that they are shipped and on schedule, and knowing that I can follow them via a tracking website is really cool!!

I almost want to order more things so that I can watch the boats and track the shipment... (almost)