ckreef

Christmas at the Reef's

Today I had a nice conversation with Dennis. At the beginning of the conversation he asked if I had received the teak handled grill grippers yet. I told him the package was delivered today but I was not home from work yet.

We talked about a lot of things and we talked about my upcoming KK purchase. Along the way I asked about a 16.5" grill shaped dip pan. He told me, "Maybe I'll surprise you one day."

I got home today to a rather big package from Dennis - way bigger than grill grippers. Opening that box was like Christmas in October.

First up is the grill grippers. TY Bryan for the great pizza contest prize.

fe5b8b8613f2ecb5eed9798242e6c27d.jpg

Also included was a 16.5" basket splitter.

44ec26e09fe47f286358bb4585f69d65.jpg

And the star of the show was a 16.5" grill shaped drip pan/deflector. He wasn't wrong when he told me he would surprise me one day. I am totally excited about this and it will get used on a regular and constant basis.

650ed80e046edb9333d25499b3f20274.jpg

After all that I was left speechless. I knew the grill grippers were coming but I had no idea about the other items.

KK's and Dennis - the finest kamado, person and company to deal with. I am so glad I went KK instead of a Primo.

• Like 2

FYI.. that is a double bottomed drip pan! Tap on one side.. can't feel it on the other..

LOL

That is completely awesome. I didn't realize that, I just knew it was thick and robust.

The Reefs put it to good use last night. Mrs skreef whipped up a quick small meatloaf. I'll confess the drip pan is so Purdy I lined it with foil - LOL

8ee4dbc4998a59443246f83c23999768.jpg

Just couldn't resist playing with one to the new toys could you? :party2: You even have a tasty looking meatloaf to boot :hello1:

Absolutely couldn't resist. Mrs skreef made the meatloaf just so we could try it out.

I really hate the idea of drippings going down into the bottom of the KK so I'm sort of a drip pan fanatic. Other than baking there are only a few things I'll cook directly. This drip pan will see a lot of use.