skreef

Don't be scare to Buy a KK

If you are a New Member that is thinking of buying a KK, You won't regret your Purchase.. Today I wrote Dennis a E-Mail. Had to Thank Him for all His help in making our Purchases so easy. As most of you that has one already know what I'm talking about. The KK is so easy to use and clean. At first I worried about the cost of them for the most part... But let me say the cost is so worth it.. The KK's are so well built. ( You know the saying "You get what you pay for") Ckreef and I will get many many years of Bliss grilling. No Doubt in my mind they will out last us. Dennis will help you all the way with your purchase. It's a No Brainer.  So Happy that Ckreef came across this Forum and Dennis.. The KK is a Perfect match for us. Happy in the Bistro. So join the KK Family, You will Love it as Ckreef and I and all the ones who has one.. Happy Grilling!

Well said!

I’m probably a bit of an outlier because I decided on getting a KK grill as my first kamado grill, as opposed to starting with a cheaper brand and upgrading. Some folks might say I was a bit nuts for doing so. Still, I haven’t regretted that decision at all, and I’m very happy that I jumped in the deep end.

And in the long run, I saved money because I didn’t purchase 1 or 2 other grills on the way to getting Smaug. ^_^

I don't regret purchasing the green one and then the red one a while back. They introduced me to ceramic cooking and I enjoyed them. However, my main gripe was that I couldn't get real BBQ smoked flavor out of them. They were excellent grillers. Along comes Bolo (my Komodo) and the whole "ceramic's can't make authentic tasting BBQ" goes out the window. I had a slew of different smokers, including a 1/4" thick steel offset smoker...my Komodo kicks all their  :pottytrain1: 's without trying. While the offset produced good BBQ, you have to tend to it every 30 minutes of so to add another split or two. Not so with the Komodo. It's as close to set and forget as you can buy.

I use mine at least 4 times a week and I still love it as much as I did the day I got it. If you're on the fence about getting one, jump off the fence and call Dennis and get ready to enjoy a whole new level of BBQ bliss.

Yeah I was thinking about what Aaron Franklin wrote in his book regarding his offset smokers. They require tending almost continuously where our KK's do not. He suggested that cooking on wood is better than cooking on lump but I don't agree. With neutral lump you can really manipulate your smoke with chips and chunks, while being assured of rock steady temperature control over the duration of a big brisket cook. Watching his shows and reading his book, you can tell he enjoys hanging around and tending the fire and drinking beer, which of course is fine. If you want to enjoy a Saturday afternoon in your backyard with a few friends and one brisket. But now that he has a busy commercial enterprise with a lot of tasks to accomplish, baby sitting the fires must add to the stress level. I can imagine a way to build a big stone smoker that could accommodate an entire days production, use lump along with his preffered oak, easily maintain temperature with little to no baby sitting, and drastically reduce his need for a wood supply. With our KK's, we have it made in the shade! We can equal Franklin's results in the backyard almost effortlessly.