bosco

T -

Rak, I see the hole for the thermometer.;)  I guess you haven't found the thermometer yet or haven't had time to insert it. Remember living in Canada it's best to keep it in the house on these cooooold nights. ;)

Yes, I did bring it in! I remembered a post where you and TonyB said you bring it during winter!

Then I thought, since I have it in the house, why not calibrate it! I was surprised, it was only about 5-10 F off.

I'll have it ready for the burn in tomorrow though!

Although as I think about it, with a cover on the grill, I think it's much less of an issue as there is a barrier from the cold.

Did you order a heated cover from Dennis???? (Oh man....Bosco would be mad if you did )   I'm thinking the cover will be the same temp as the outside air and offer little temp protection to the thermometer.   Moisture protection....yes, but I would still bring in the thermometer in on super cold nights to protect it's calibration.  

Gee.........I thought all Northern KK owners kept their beloved cooker in a heated garage like Mac the 19" TT...................Ha!!!!!! 

Thanks to a few calls to Ryan and Dennis, all is well with my KK :)  I have read that it might still vent a little during the next couple of high heat cooks, and thats ok.  I think I got most of it done.  Today is the big day it gets moved onto the deck and then I'll have some pics to post :)

PS -  I should add (for those that follow), yes its daunting because its my first time, but its easy and I really don't think you can get it wrong!  The hard part is trying to just sit back and let it do its thing.  Trust me, if I can do it, anyone can ;)