MadMedik

Forum Post Question

It seems in the old days, when  a post was added to an active  topic,  the  "post"  moved back up to the top of the forum list.  By coming back to the top, you could see  new posts  added to older posts...hence  they  may still be active...as people quit posting they would  naturally move down the list

Now,  once  a post  moves  down the list....it never goes back to the top.   Is there  a way to make active posts  come back up to the top of the forum lists?

I am I wrong in this?  I have been on other forums,  perhaps  I am mistaken?   That said,  I like the idea of   Posts coming back up to the top of the forum list  if active and posts are being made.

MadMedik

It seems in the old days, when  a post was added to an active  topic,  the  "post"  moved back up to the top of the forum list.  By coming back to the top, you could see  new posts  added to older posts...hence  they  may still be active...as people quit posting they would  naturally move down the list

Now,  once  a post  moves  down the list....it never goes back to the top.   Is there  a way to make active posts  come back up to the top of the forum lists?

I’ve never seen this behavior on this forum. However, some of the subforums have a lot of “Pinned†posts, which supersede the new posts. In other words, if a post gets a new reply, it goes to the top of the unpinned posts, while the pinned posts stay on top. Maybe that’s what’s making new posts seem like they aren’t getting to the top of the post list.