ckreef

Reef's Herb Garden

The potato plants have come alive. There are two more eyes that are developing but they are very small right now. They are near the larger one, top right corner. SK,  I'm very happy that you inspired me to do this.

Potato Plants1.jpg

They are looking very good. Mine are little and skinny. Not sure why.

e63d8f59054de51da855656fb0057b41.jpg

Mrs. Reef's Bistro

• Like 1

After another heavy killer frost last night my potato plant was done for so i dug underneath and came up with these treasures. I have already taken 6 potatoes out earlier and the in total there were 41 potatoes. Thanks to SK because she inspired me to plant the potatoes slips in the first place. I will clean the soil off later but right now I don't want to damage the this skin on the potatoes.

Potatoes.jpg

• Like 3

Killing frost already? :alright:

Hoping to keep my stuff going for a while here, especially my chiles. I will probably rape and pillage the basil plants soon to make pesto before they get hit with cold nights. They don't need to see frost, just cold air (40s) to go bad. 

• Like 1

Wanted to update this older thread. 2 years into the goldfish pond. It has 1 male, 1 female and 1 juvie. (that's the way goldfish work). Anyway the pond and fish have been growing and kicking it. 

We now have 2 baby goldfish in the pond (3/4"). I'm sure way more hatched but looks like 2 survived. This is way kewl. As soon as they get bigger I'll try and get a picture. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, h2oskibumz said:

Well, except for the grading, sanding, rocking, more sanding, fencing, potting, that came before building the pond... LOL.

I already have enough time consuming hobbies... 

12631400_1216523255042944_8305401052304513081_n.jpg

Not currently, but ckreef stands for - Charles Kuehne Reef - as in mini reef - Yea I was majorly obsessed for a large portion of my life. Took down my last saltwater mini reef only 3 weeks ago. 

It's sad but unfortunately no good fish stores unless I'm willing to drive 2 hours. I'm not, but if a really good saltwater store opens up reasonably close by I'll start another tank up. 

• Sad 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.