ckreef

Reef's Herb Garden

Love the pictures!

There must be a dragonfly boom this year. We have at least a dozen that have been sticking around our yard for about two weeks. I hope they stick around all summer and eat the skeeters and gnats.

I love the dragonflies too. The little ones hang out in the garden all day. As dusk approaches the big ones start flying/eating overhead. As it gets darker a few bats come out to eat. I've often thought about putting up some bat houses to try and get a bigger bat population. Bats are ferocious bug eaters and basically won't mess with you.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Love the pictures!

There must be a dragonfly boom this year. We have at least a dozen that have been sticking around our yard for about two weeks. I hope they stick around all summer and eat the skeeters and gnats.

This one we post was big. Cant tell by the pic. But he was big enough to see detail and the blue color was beautiful

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ckreef said:

I love the dragonflies too. The little ones hang out in the garden all day. As dusk approaches the big ones start flying/eating overhead. As it gets darker a few bats come out to eat. I've often thought about putting up some bat houses to try and get a bigger bat population. Bats are ferocious bug eaters and basically won't mess with you.

I've been wanting to add a bat house here, too. A few years ago, we had 2 or 3 bats that would hang around at night. Haven't seen them in about 2 years.

• Like 1

Me and Mrs skreef were busy this weekend. We stained the garden fence. A total pain in the rear but it's done - Yay

3f6042399d1b598571d393269791f8c8.jpg

This is pretty kewl. The flowers in the yellow pot we got on Clearance this spring for $1 (scraggly and almost dead). It normally sits six feet away from where it is in this picture. At some point that little baby one in the ground decided to jump ship and go solo.

d2e3082c05b275032e59d0a9108e2c24.jpg

A home grown pineapple plant. Kewl experiment but we'll talk about that next weekend.

9d93e1a14af0b44f48bb6331f64539ab.jpg

• Like 1

It's definitely coming along slowly but surely. By middle of summer next year it should really be rockin.

Stone walk areas really take 2 or 3 years to mature - by then I might have my act together with the garden plants.

I've been thinking that I should do a potato bag but never made the time to so it until SK pushed me over the edge with here already sprouted potato plants.;)

Thanks, SK. I'll be thinking you when I pull the first potato months from now.:)

I put wire screen to keep some of the critters from digging in the bag.

Potato Bag.jpg

• Like 1

I've been thinking that I should do a potato bag but never made the time to so it until SK pushed me over the edge with here already sprouted potato plants.;)

Thanks, SK. I'll be thinking you when I pull the first potato months from now.:)

I put wire screen to keep some of the critters from digging in the bag.

Potato Bag.jpg

You Welcome Mk... Hope you have success. Im excited to see if they grow. This was on a whim.. I was cleaning the potato bin and these had very good eyes.. So i hated to waste the idea.

Mrs. Reef's Bistro

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.