MacKenzie

Sous Vide Eggs

Tried a new method for SVing eggs. Started yesterday and SVed 3 eggs at 145.4 F for 75 mins. Then immersed in very cold water to stop the cook. This morning took one of the eggs out of the fridge and set it on the counter as I was getting other things ready. Just before it was time to eat, dropped the egg into boiling water for 1 min.

56eab05c36ea3_SVEggBreakfast.thumb.jpg.756eab06e6e32e_SVEggandBacon.thumb.jpg.8c

This method will allow a nice SV egg for breakfast in record time.:) I loved the texture but did find the yolk to be too cool. Tomorrow I may warm up the egg in hot water from the tap and then do the 1 min boiling water. I did eat it with a fork but just barely.  The yoke was running not watery running, it was more of a thicker consistency.

Edited by MacKenzie

Nice work, MacKenzie. Glad to hear that they reheat well. May have to give this a try, as the 142F for 50 minutes has been my favorite time/temp combo so far, but generally takes too long for breakfast. If I can do a few in advance and hold them in the fridge and just reheat to serving temperature, Bonus! 

Thanks, guys.:) That idea of a fast egg is what appealed to me too. I think a person could do half a dozen or more at one time. I put the three in a plastic zip bag just in case of breakage. Worked perfectly and I guess it doesn't matter if you take the air out or allow the bag to fill with water.