churchi

Upgraded The Site To Tapatalk Plugin v1.2.1

Just out of curiosity, what are the advantages of using the Tapatalk app as opposed to using the mobile theme that this forum switches to when I’m checking it on my phone?

From the description of the app, if I was following a lot of forums that support Tapatalk the app might be useful, but I actually don’t.

10 hours ago, wilburpan said:

Just out of curiosity, what are the advantages of using the Tapatalk app as opposed to using the mobile theme that this forum switches to when I’m checking it on my phone?

From the description of the app, if I was following a lot of forums that support Tapatalk the app might be useful, but I actually don’t.

Hi @wilburpan not sure of all the advantages, but the main one is when people use multiple forums its all in the same app. i use Tapatalk on my portable devices and its a very handy add-on to the site. You can of course use the web view of the forum, it just gets a bit cumbersome to use for multiple forums. Also the notifications in the app are worth it for just that.

Im not sure if there is a free app, but if you have not tested it out maybe give it a crack. You may like it.

56 minutes ago, cschaaf said:

I'm not on tapatalk, tried it and hated it, and I can't reply to Dennis' posts, either. At least from my iPad; haven't checked my PC yet. 

Those posts have no Reply box like they are locked or something. 

Can you point me to the thread you are talking about and ill check it out.

Do you use tapatalk on other forums that are not on the older 3.x version? Do they have an issue? EG: Komado Guru is on the 3.x version? This forum is on the 4.x version.

I wonder if the same issue is happening on the other forums who have been upgraded to 4.x.