churchi

Upgraded The Site To Tapatalk Plugin v1.2.1

That was the upgrade to the actual plugin. The board got upgraded towards the end of Feb, that is the one i am more concerned about seeing if the issue was present before that upgrade.

Any chance you remember if there were issue before that date?

This forum enhancement has really annoyed me. Today my mobile browser page was red for a few hours.  The topics load slower, I have crashed my browser waiting for posts to go through.  I am not impressed with this upgrade to this current setup. 

Sorry churchii I know you have worked hard on this but I think people are getting annoyed and not posting much these days 

Hi @bosco Just to be clear, i did not do the upgrade here, i have just been supporting Dennis in getting it running well and doing my best to iron out all the bugs. The old forum had to be upgraded as it ran out of support from IPS themselves. So unfortunately this upgrade had to happen at some stage. (Other similar forums will have to go through this upgrade process as well).

I'm trying to get through all the issues here so the forum is back running as smooth as it was before the upgrade. It seems the tapatalk issue is the last one that is the main one to fix. Ill log a ticket with the info thats been posted here on their support site and see what they say.

I'm not sure the upgrade should have stopped people from posting, maybe via the tapatalk app it has, but i think the forum itself from a PC browser (Chrome and Firefox) point of view is running flawlessly. I dont see any issues when accessing the site from my desktop browser, just seems to be Tapatalk.

As always appreciate you guys being patient while the issues get fixed. Please bare with us while the issues are being worked on.

5 hours ago, 5698k said:

31206901c52b0f931a87b94b6c4c5297.jpg

I didn't subscribe to these!!

Robert

Ok Robert, i think i may have found the issue for you. (and possibly others).

So in my tapatalk i dont seem to have the same issues that you guys have (i just checked my app). So i have checked your user account and what it looks like is you have followed certain members in your profile and your notification settings (which tapatalk uses to show you from the board) will notify you every time they post on the site.

So Rob @5698k would you mind having a look at the first screenshot below that i have taken of your user account and you will see you have followed @tony b which is why you are getting the notifications. if you check the settings of those notifications you will see that you are being notified per post that @tony b replies at or posts a new topic. Some of these you have selected in 2015 or 2014 to follow. So the upgrade on the site probably just got this feature working for you and now that is why you are seeing all of these notifications.

So to test this, can you un tick the notifications for these users and see what happens now with your notifications? If this doesn't work, then ill tick it off the troubleshooting list.

@bosco looks like you have the same issue potentially. Attached screenshot. (2nd one)

@ckreef maybe check your settings too please.

Thank you

569k-followed-members.JPG

bosco-followed-members.JPG

29 minutes ago, churchi said:

Hi @Firemonkey, are you also seeing the same issue with the notifications via the tapatalk app as the others are?

Thanks.

No...I gave up on Tapatalk when this forum went through a months-long string of updates a while back.  What should have been infinitely easier - reading/posting on the forum from your phone, while standing next to your grill and taking pictures on the fly - became so frustrating because it just never worked.  Eventually it got so bad that it just wasn't worth the effort to contribute.

Hope you have better luck this time around!

Maybe the native responsive display will be better than tapatalk?   Ill have to give that a try.

5 minutes ago, Firemonkey said:

No...I gave up on Tapatalk when this forum went through a months-long string of updates a while back.  What should have been infinitely easier - reading/posting on the forum from your phone, while standing next to your grill and taking pictures on the fly - became so frustrating because it just never worked.  Eventually it got so bad that it just wasn't worth the effort to contribute.

Hope you have better luck this time around!

Maybe the native responsive display will be better than tapatalk?   Ill have to give that a try.

Hi @Firemonkey Would you mind testing out tapatalk again and letting me know if you still have issues with the site replying and posting pics? The new 4.x upgrade (approx 5 weeks ago) should have made the whole experience much nicer than before.

I can see you are following users as well, so maybe if you get too many notifications you can fine tune these too.

I would also try and use the forum in say chrome or firefox on your mobile phone. The new site version has a really nice mobile theme that seems to work well if tapatalk is not your favourite app for forums.

firemonkey-followed-members.JPG

Well, thanks for letting me know I am following people :D  I must have clicked on something, somewhere, sometime to make that happen.  @CeramicChef - Hope you don't take issue if I quit accidentally following you :P

@churchi - I'm not sure I still have Tapatalk on my devices - I only bought it to use with this forum.  That didnt work, and then once I saw iOS reviews complaining about ads after an update in the paid version, I quit updating and deleted it.  I'll give it another try.  I can say for sure that this new platform, while attractive, does seem notification-happy, just from the constant prompts I am getting in Firefox to accept notifications.