churchi

Site Upgraded 2016-04-07

Hi All,

Just a quick update to let you know that the site has had important security patches applied to the IPS software this evening.

Testing has been carried out, however if you notice any issues then please post in this thread.

The theme has also had an update as well.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Hi @MacKenzie and @cschaaf, i am sorry for the inconvenience. This is very strange as i am able to post anywhere on the site with my PC. Could you explain the issue a little more please? I am able to post and reply. Is it just one section or the whole site?

Is there an error when you post?

Could you try flushing your browsers cache and reloading the site to see if that helps?

I am sorry for the inconvenience, but can you help to outline the issue a bit more for me?

Thank you

Woo, hoo! We're back in business! I was locked out, too. 

btw - what happened to the "like" function - before, if someone gave you a up/down, you could clic on it and it would tell you who left it, now it just is green, but won't show the benefactor??

Edited by tony b

25 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

Thanks, churchi. :)

Awesome thanks @MacKenzie for all your help in testing.

Let me explain what happened.

With the security update we needed to apply to the site, the code that runs the front end of the forum is in PHP. The server version that is running this forum is a bit older and now has highlighted a problem. The solution is to upgrade the PHP on the server so this will not happen again with any more security updates. I will get onto this over the next few weeks as its a bit of an involved process to upgrade that component.

The strange thing with this issue was that all administrator accounts were not affected, just everyone else. 

I am sorry for the issue, i will update my test plan to include a standard user to test with :)

Thanks for all your help and being patient @MacKenzie, really appreciate it.

24 minutes ago, tony b said:

Woo, hoo! We're back in business! I was locked out, too. 

btw - what happened to the "like" function - before, if someone gave you a up/down, you could clic on it and it would tell you who left it, now it just is green, but won't show the benefactor??

@tony b i can fix that for you. let me make a change to allow you to see the likes and who liked your post. Im sure its in the admin console.

• Like 1