Stile88

Temp Gauge

4 hours ago, ckreef said:

Fornetto has really a nice looking temp gauge on their wood ovens. I tried to download a picture but never got it to capture.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

Do you have that on your kk or if you go big it would take away from the beauty of it

Do you have that on your kk or if you go big it would take away from the beauty of it

I just have the regular tel-tru gauge on my KK. I just saw a picture of the fornetto oven gauge on the Internet and thought it was a really nice looking gauge.

6 minutes ago, ckreef said:

I just have the regular tel-tru gauge on my KK. I just saw a picture of the fornetto oven gauge on the Internet and thought it was a really nice looking gauge.

Your right looks very nice

2016-04-08-14-41-24-886221188.jpeg

1 hour ago, DennisLinkletter said:

As far as I know Tel-Tru are the best bi-metal thermometers built.. We ave a straightforward dual temp KK version..

The colors and description of what those temps are seem very "this is your first grill-ish"  to me.. LOL

Lol now that u mention you are prob right  i bought it cause i can see it real well and was better then what came with the grill this is 3 inch 

What size are the tel true 

3 hours ago, DennisLinkletter said:

As far as I know Tel-Tru are the best bi-metal thermometers built.. We ave a straightforward dual temp KK version..

The colors and description of what those temps are seem very "this is your first grill-ish"  to me.. LOL

Yeah, I don't particularly like this therm for the reasons you mentioned (No offense, stile), but I would LOVE it if the KK therm had slightly more "ZAH!" (as my friend calls things that pop). I'm working on a review of the KK where I compare the differences with other grills I've had in the past and quickly realized that NOTHING is the same on the KK as the other Kamados I've had in the past...absolutely nothing!...EXCEPT...that thermometer. 

It's a good therm but it's very understated (and NOTHING about our grills are understated!!).  

The thermometer is the "jewelry" of the grill. I don't think should we should bling it out but it needs something...even the KK logo would be something. (though I'd also vote for slightly bigger). I'm not just saying this as an owner. It was one of the things that struck me as a shopper because all the videos focus in on the therm at some point during the cook. 

Anyways, like I said, I've been thinking about this lately so I when I saw this thread I thought I would Just add my 2 cents.  

Edited by Hogsfan

On 4/8/2016 at 2:58 PM, DennisLinkletter said:

Yes. I don't like my instrumentation to offer opinions.

When you buy a high end mountain bike, it may not come with peddles. Too personal a choice. The KK on the other hand arrives good to cook, which I wouldn't change. However, my original KK thermometer is lost in the sea of entropy that is my garage. I use two Tel-Tru thermometers in different ranges.

4 hours ago, DennisLinkletter said:

It is the best Bi-metal thermometer I can find.. Period.   Anybody know of a better one?    We just recently added the KK logo and all grills now get a dual temp version...

Fahrenheit Celsious combo copy.jpg

I like this! Does it come in bright color?

It is the best Bi-metal thermometer I can find.. Period.   Anybody know of a better one?    We just recently added the KK logo and all grills now get a dual temp version...

Fahrenheit Celsious combo copy.jpg

No, that's exactly what I had in mind. That looks way better than mine in my opinion. Good job

21 hours ago, bryan said:

I like this! Does it come in bright color?

I don't think so. The whole idea, as understand it, was to create the most accurate KK branded utilitarian instrument, color wouldn't add much, just my opinion.