DennisLinkletter

Huh? 21" Hi-Cap now a 22 Hi-Cap?

22 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

Dennis - designers and artists are infatuated with the 23" and 32", huh?  

I love the shape of the 21->22 inch, guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.:) :smt023 :smt023

To be fair the 21/22" had not been around long enough to collect many comments.. But I know that some people absolutely buy it over the 23 because of the way it looks.. They are actually priced the same if you add the lower grate to the package.

On 5/2/2016 at 6:22 PM, Stile88 said:

Well that is good to hear i would tend to go to the 23 rather then 22 they are so close in price you would have to 

So you plan on adding a 21 down line plus the 42 Dennis what prices do u have in mind for the 21 and the big kahuna 42 

Thanks for clarification

The goal of the 21" project from the gitgo was to have a grill exactly between the 19 and 23 that would be priced accordingly $ 3,500- $3,600.  I believe this is a very manageable price point for a large demographic.  The 42" enters such unchartered waters, I really have absolutely no clue, even ball park until we get all the way thru to having one crated.  

Hi Dennis, 

Do you have a link to the  22" Hi-Cap Table top  (on your website perhaps??). I wasn't able to locate one.

I am in the market soon for this size / style - however was under the impression that the 19" was the largest so this is good news for me!

thanks & regards. 

The 22" high cap table top is still in development. It's well along last I heard, but I don't believe they are for sale yet, so you won't find anything on the website. It's much larger than the 19" from a surface area perspective and is also a bit taller. This brings the firebox further down from the main grate, which increases low and slow performance. if you were considering one, it will be well worth the wait. 

The molds for the 22" Table Top are finished and in the factory.  I believe the first ones have already been cast. All the metal components are the same as the standing version except the larger charcoal basket. As you can see I made sure the advantage of the standing grill's distance from charcoal to main grate was not lost.. That blue grill is a 23" Ultimate. Now is this table top a beast or what?

image002.jpg

image001.jpg

• Like 2

Hi All,

I have been admiring the KK grills for a while now and I still am no where near having the funds to purchase one but wanted to see what people's thoughts were on this size of grill? 

Here on the central coast of CA we also have Santa Maria style BBQ that I simply can't replicate in my BGE so I also have that style as well and in the future I am looking to do a built in Santa Maria grill and wanted a Table Top like this to sit next to it but not sure how this size is working for others. 

When I cook on my BGE I am usually doing some whole chickens or pulled pork for big get-togethers...

Cooking for just the family I will cook some steaks on the BGE sometimes but I usually find the cooking surface of my large BGE to be a little constricting for more than 3 steaks so I usually do those on the Santa Maria as well but I prefer small cooks on the BGE due to faster start times(coal vs. wood) and the overall convenience of the grill. Therefore, I was hoping the KK 22 TT would be the perfect fit but wonder if it is still a little small for grilling for a family. 

The simplest answer - Call Dennis. He's great to work with, will listen to what you are looking for, will ask all the right questions, there's no pressure to buy or try to upsell you. But, from what you've told us, it sounds like the 22" TT is what you're looking for. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the info to do a direct comparison (see advice to call Dennis), but your Large BGE has a cooking area of 262 sq in. The 23" main grate (roughly the same size as the 22" TT's) has a cooking area of 375 sq in. = 43% bigger! 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 7:53 PM, madbrayniak said:

Hi All,

I have been admiring the KK grills for a while now and I still am no where near having the funds to purchase one but wanted to see what people's thoughts were on this size of grill? 

Here on the central coast of CA we also have Santa Maria style BBQ that I simply can't replicate in my BGE so I also have that style as well and in the future I am looking to do a built in Santa Maria grill and wanted a Table Top like this to sit next to it but not sure how this size is working for others. 

When I cook on my BGE I am usually doing some whole chickens or pulled pork for big get-togethers...

Cooking for just the family I will cook some steaks on the BGE sometimes but I usually find the cooking surface of my large BGE to be a little constricting for more than 3 steaks so I usually do those on the Santa Maria as well but I prefer small cooks on the BGE due to faster start times(coal vs. wood) and the overall convenience of the grill. Therefore, I was hoping the KK 22 TT would be the perfect fit but wonder if it is still a little small for grilling for a family. 

I had 2 large bge's and i found it to be the same i now have the kk 23 and at times i wish i got the 32 but the 23 is perfect for all my needs weather i am cooking for myself or family i have a family of 4 btw my kk takes the same amount of time to start up as the bge did. the 22 is terrific as well as all the kk's plus the 22 has the high cap top

good luck on your decision

Thanks all for your replies. I may give him a call when closer to a purchase.

Been very busy lately and forgot.my login info...go figure. 

The Ace Hardware walking distance from the house has the new Kamado Joe and the air hinge is so nice that my wife immediately wanted it. But we both agree we would rather save longer and get a KK. I'm hoping we will see some options like the dojoe and pizza porta for the KK soon since those are getting popular. I bake lots of sourdough on my BGE with a little apple wood chips and want to adapt the recipe to thin crust pizza...