MacKenzie

Something New Something Old, Bacon, Pineapple, Pulled Beef

Started the morning smoking 5 pounds of pork belly that I had curing.

Ready for the grill.

Cured Pork Belly.jpg

Smoked.

Smoked Bacon.jpg

Looks good to me, now I just need to cool, slice and package it, tomorrow.:)

Smoked Bacon KK.jpg

Let' try a trick a good friend of mine suggested, a touch of Sambuca on pineapple, not enough so that you can identify the Sambuca.

Pineapple With Sambuca.jpg

Since the KK was still hot after the bacon, let's try some grilled pineapple with a wash of Sambuca.:)

Grilled Pineapple With a Wash of Sambuka.jpg

Both are delicious but I think I liked the warm grilled the best. :)

Time for dinner, cooked up some mushrooms, noodles. Hot Thai pepper and added some of that pulled beef. As an after thought I wish I had sprinkled it with cheese, no matter it was fast and very tasty. :)

Pulled Beef and Noodles.jpg

It has been busy, while the KK was working I also finished planting my garden, just in time for a frost warning for tonight, but I have it covered.:)

Garden.jpg

A woodpecker who frequents the suet feeder is feeding.

Wood Pecker.jpg

Red maple tree at sunset.

Red Maple Tree.jpg

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 3

We did have frost last night, there was a sheet of ice on the birdbath. Fortunately I had blankets over the flower pots. This could go on until the middle of June. ;(

Sliced the bacon this morning, and packaged it all up.

Here is the stack of slices with the ends piled on top. They could go into making a pot of beans. ;)

Pile of Bacon.jpg

Sliced layed out for vacuum sealing.

Bacon Slices.jpg

Looking good to me.:)

Slices of Bacon.jpg

• Like 3

Crazy looking bacon, MacKenzie! 

I waited until this past weekend (Memorial Day) to put out my tomatoes, herbs, and pepper plants, as we still had nightly lows in the upper 30s the first week of May. Been in the 50s at night since, so - fingers crossed -  I'm in the clear. 

Oh, btw, was on the deck last night having a G&T waiting for the KK to heat up, and spotted a female hummingbird in the neighbor's apple tree. 

Edited by tony b
  • Like 1

Maybe those hummingbirds will start to hang out at your house.:) I like having them around. G&T on the deck sounds wonderful, I'm heading there myself with a local IPA. :) My dinner is in the Sous Vide bath so it can hold for a while.:)

Edited by MacKenzie

@MacKenzie - what!?  No money shot on the bacon?  No BLT pic?  You're killing me here, MacKenzie!  You're killing me!  gorgeous bacon and no BLT shot?  Oh man.  

I have this deal figured out … you're teasing us, right!?  Please tell me this is a tease and you're going to fry up a mess of that bacon tomorrow and have BLTs tomorrow!  Pretty please?

MacKenzie, or should I say Jezebel!

Had another lovely G&T on the deck tonight, as pre dinner warm up. I'll post pics tomorrow of the din-din, as today is the  last day of the month on my cellphone plan and I've used up all of my data!!! Living on the edge, baby!

• Like 1