FastGlass

Hello all, finally ran down the dream...

23 hours ago, tony b said:

So, what are the plans for the outdoor kitchen? Inquiring minds like ours would like to know!

Hey Tony,

Right now I'm leaning towards a fairly organic, natural locally sourced stone version of something like this, in a semi circle...a KK'S about 6 feet on each side of the chimney, with proper height work space on either side. Simple, but nice brick/stone compass mosaic in the center of an abutting circular patio....possible pergola over whole thing. You'd step down off the deck on increasingly larger split stone grain wheels, onto said patio, walk across to the semi circular wall of grillage and chimney....Lots of fun, hanging lighting etc...

Working on it... :)

4a823c313c8e50abcd5299494d638ccd.jpg

massive-multy-ins-outdoor-stone-fireplace-idea-with-wood-storage-seating-and--oven.jpg

Edited by FastGlass
  • Like 5

This is my dream too... Love to have one.. I have mention it to ckreef.. But we are a ways from it right now.. Most of our energy is going on inside the house for now.. But i will remind ckreef later now the road. Can't wait to see your new oasis.

Mrs. Reef's Bistro

• Like 1

First cook. Not brisket or anything, but still searching out where to find the good cuts on the island. Was very good, family is happy (and full). The basket seperater was a nice way to get a great sear going, and finish the fish on the side while grilling the oil, cumin, paprika, salt n pepper asparagus. Homemade crab cakes with blue and rock crabs my son caught with friends today in Menemsha. Chipotle pepper and lawrys for the Salmon and Swordfish, and the sushi grade tuna in particular was very very good! 5 pepper fresh cracked crusted with a bit of Hawaiian Alaea volcanic sea salt rubbed in....yum.

20160710_192847.jpg

20160710_193033.jpg

Edited by FastGlass
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, FastGlass said:

First cook. Not brisket or anything, but still searching out where to find the good cuts on the island.

Here's where I get my briskets. http://www.snakeriverfarms.com/  There is also a butcher in Cleveland or Cincinnati (http://www.misterbrisket.com/) whom I've never used but has great reviews. You won't be disappointed with Snake River Farms.

• Like 1

Hey Tony,

Right now I'm leaning towards a fairly organic, natural locally sourced stone version of something like this, in a semi circle...a KK'S about 6 feet on each side of the chimney, with proper height work space on either side. Simple, but nice brick/stone compass mosaic in the center of an abutting circular patio....possible pergola over whole thing. You'd step down off the deck on increasingly larger split stone grain wheels, onto said patio, walk across to the semi circular wall of grillage and chimney....Lots of fun, hanging lighting etc...

Working on it...

4a823c313c8e50abcd5299494d638ccd.jpg

massive-multy-ins-outdoor-stone-fireplace-idea-with-wood-storage-seating-and--oven.jpg

Sounds like a nice place to move into

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill♨

On July 10, 2016 at 8:13 PM, FastGlass said:

First cook. Not brisket or anything, but still searching out where to find the good cuts on the island. Was very good, family is happy (and full). The basket seperater was a nice way to get a great sear going, and finish the fish on the side while grilling the oil, cumin, paprika, salt n pepper asparagus. Homemade crab cakes with blue and rock crabs my son caught with friends today in Menemsha. Chipotle pepper and lawrys for the Salmon and Swordfish, and the sushi grade tuna in particular was very very good! 5 pepper fresh cracked crusted with a bit of Hawaiian Alaea volcanic sea salt rubbed in....yum.

Really nice cook! I love grilled seafood.

Just out of curiosity, did you cook your fish on the main grate or the lower grate, and do you cook skin side up first or down first for your salmon?