_Ed_

New Arrival

Today was delivery day! All very exciting, and now my new KK (as yet unnamed, although my wife has taken to referring to it as the 'disco grill') is sitting out back, where the Egg used to be. I have to say that uncrating and moving the KK on my own was really quite challenging, but ended up being a lot of fun. Just one picture, with more to come at a future point.

IMG_1464.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Setting up for burn in on Saturday, as my wife is out all day and it's just me and my four year old, who is obsessed with barbecue.

The Egg is going to my parents - in their mid-70s, they are beginning to get interested in this whole thing, so I thought the Egg would suit them. I must say moving the Egg was much easier than lifting the KK.

I'm sure I'll write a lot more about my first impressions of the KK over the next while, once I have played with it a bit. But the overwhelming impression is just how incredibly well built it is, and how much thought has gone into it. It's one of those cases where one starts to think 'wouldn't it be nice if...' and you look at the KK and, voila, Dennis had already thought of that and implemented it. And whoever it was who told be that these were even better in person that in the photos... I can only say you were understating the case massively. A genuine thing of beauty.

Well, I thought since we're going to be moving through the temps, we could have some fun with it. So I picked up a couple of racks of babybacks (start them for the 2 hrs at 225 and then finish them at 350). After those are done, probably time for a chicken between the 350-400 stages. Finally a loaf or two of bread for the 500-550 stage. That doesn't sound too ambitious, right? right? :-)

• Like 1