MacKenzie

Boneless Beef Rib Dinner

Thanks for the pictures of the chives, pretty looking plant. If you can eat the stem why not the flower also? Probably should look that up on wiki pedia. Ok here's what I found

according to Iowa State University, the flowers of the chive plant are edible, They have a distinctly onion flavor. But I don't recommend trying the butterflies, they just look beautiful.

4 hours ago, Bruce Pearson said:

Thanks for the pictures of the chives, pretty looking plant. If you can eat the stem why not the flower also? Probably should look that up on wiki pedia. Ok here's what I found

according to Iowa State University, the flowers of the chive plant are edible, They have a distinctly onion flavor. But I don't recommend trying the butterflies, they just look beautiful.

Now let's look at rhubarb, the stems make for wonderful eats, stew, pie, crumble, etc. on the other hand the leaves are poison. :shock::shock::shock:

@MacKenzie - WHOA!  Poison leaves?  I did not know that.  My mom grew rhubarb in her garden and now I know why the leaves always were so pristine.  Thanks for the heads up!  

@MacKenzie - Ma'am, you never cease to amaze me.  

Oh, Hey!  I saw a TV Special on Nova Scotia the other day.  What a beautiful place!  It was an amazing place.  I've gotta get up there and visit.  At the same time, the TV special also went to Spud Island, PEI.  I had a few friends in grad school from up that way and I think I'll reconnect with them.  Great folks, you Atlantic Canadians.  My Buddies also said you Nova Scotians got the best weather because of the Gulf Stream.  Those guys from PEI always said they had more winter than the Newfies and the You good folks in Nova Scotia.