DennisLinkletter

New Draft Door Ash Screen

something like a drawer.. The only drawback is with doors already out there.

-=Jasen=-

sundayoctober2220062ga8.jpg

Actually existing doors could be updated as the guide roods/rails are bolted with mini bolts to the door and the screen drawer could be attached using these 4 mini bolts also.

Just a side note.. it is uncommon to have burning embers roll out on their own.. It takes the right combination of ash mountain and small burning bounce to have one travel that far to the edge.. This is something that might happen when your poking around in the coals..

door

Dennis: I have only been on this board a brief time. Nonetheless, I think your "life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt" saying is incorrect. I think your tag line should be "when life hands you lemons, redesign and make the lemon more user friendly"

Gregg

Re: door

Dennis: I have only been on this board a brief time. Nonetheless, I think your "life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt" saying is incorrect. I think your tag line should be "when life hands you lemons, redesign and make the lemon more user friendly"

Gregg

Thanks for the Kudos..

:wink::wink::wink:

Just a side note.. it is uncommon to have burning embers roll out on their own.. It takes the right combination of ash mountain and small burning bounce to have one travel that far to the edge.. This is something that might happen when your poking around in the coals..

Oh yeah, I agree that this would not seem to be a normal occurrence. I think it is great you take your customers safety so serious you are going out of your way to make a safety improvement. I mean look at Weber grills; that flimsy little tray under those things are pathetic. If I called them they would be laughing and would probably not give a rip. This area could also fall into the customer responsibility as no flame generating device is really recommended on wooden surface without adequate protection (a grill mat could have helped or definitely tiles laid on top of the wood), but instead of doing tossing that back; you are out to make your grill better. So I applaud that!

Just for info, I also had another very simple idea that would be even easier and cheaper. A small, solid clip in door that just gives you a bottom lip. Simple to clip in and leave in, or take out for ash removal.

-=Jasen=-

Gotta love these mad drawing skills - hahahaha! :shock:

coalkeeer2si8.jpg

Gotta love these mad drawing skills - hahahaha! :shock:
Jasen' date=' hunny... Just how many of those little pills did you take today? :smt069 Step away from the crayon box, punkin... It's for your own good. :smt100[/quote']

What can I say, I am really, really bored. I can only watch so much TV and video games - hehehe. :oops::wink::lol:

But 3 pills so far - hehehe - feeling very little pain! 8)

-=Jasen=-

What can I say, I am really, really bored. I can only watch so much TV and video games - hehehe. :oops::wink::lol:

-=Jasen=-

Pat pat. :smt056 Yah. And TV will suck the brain right out of your head. You're smarter on the pain pills than you would be after a day of TV.

-=Jasen=-

Pat pat. :smt056 Yah. And TV will suck the brain right out of your head. You're smarter on the pain pills than you would be after a day of TV.

Either way, it probably ain't saying much for me - hehehe (figured I would be the other guys to that one)!

-=Jasen=-

A little off topic but what ever happined to the screen for the bottom damper to prevent hot coals from rolling out.. So far this problem has started a real life fire --documented here

I think it should move to the top of the availability list. Once again.. if it is available it is a secret on how to get. :-)

A little off topic but what ever happined to the screen for the bottom damper to prevent hot coals from rolling out.. So far this problem has started a real life fire --documented here

I think it should move to the top of the availability list. Once again.. if it is available it is a secret on how to get. :-)

Here's the thread. http://www.komodokamado.com/forum/viewt ... creenLooks like design got pretty close to finished. Why not PM Dennis and ask about it?

does dennis make a grill scraper? i got one on sale at meeee-nards for a buck, and it is a dual purpose. about a 18" handle with an ash scraper/grill scraper head. easy as pie!

btw, that's one of the things i like about his design; the lower draft being flush with the bottom of the cooker makes it much easier to scrape out all the ash!

does dennis make a grill scraper? i got one on sale at meeee-nards for a buck, and it is a dual purpose. about a 18" handle with an ash scraper/grill scraper head. easy as pie!

btw, that's one of the things i like about his design; the lower draft being flush with the bottom of the cooker makes it much easier to scrape out all the ash!

Combined with the screen (for those of us in log homes) it is definately a winner. Especially considering how hard in was on the other brand...GIVEN THAT YOU WERE NOT ALLOWED to remove the firebox :shock: I looked everywhere and still couldn't find where it said not to remove the firebox cause it was already cracked and would self-destruct upon any slight movement. Oh well, I digress :?

You mean these grill scrapers?

Maybe you can send it with my grill scraper??!?!? :roll:

You mean these grill scrapers?

Scrapers.jpg

I had some L shaped brass fittings machined up that turned the gas nipple downwards.. They came out terribly and needed to be redone. That and needing to get to 50 kilos to get a commercial rate has delayed this latest shipment to Tony.. Hopefully tomorrow..