CeramicChef

A "Simple 4th of July" Cook!

Howdy KKers!

So as many of you know, I was planning on a Simple 4th of July Cook.  I wasn't entertaining a big group of folks as I've done for years. I was just having my brothers over to drink a little beer, grill some dogs, burgers, and sausages, eat a few chips,  and watch a little baseball, etc.  Well, here is the result of a "Simple 4th of July!"  I knew I was in trouble and the best laid plans of mice and CC were shot to hades when I walked out of Sam's Club with over $200 in food and beverage!

Here is the table with the appiteasers on it.  

IMG_1420.jpg

Here is TheBeast getting loaded up for his time to shine!  I spiral cut jalapeño and cheese sausage, and Oscar Mayer hot dogs (what else? ;) ) My brother loves spiral cut ever since I introduced him to them.

IMG_1421.jpg

Next up on the grate was the burgers.  Gotta stage this cook ...

IMG_1427.jpg

Here is a money shot that is just a couple of simple dogs, some German potato salad made by my brother who lives just around the corner and an ear of corn.  

IMG_1429.jpg

That's all the money shot.  However, I guess my house is now known as BBQ Central as all of a sudden, my neighbors show up carrying burgers, buns, and beer, and they just came in and sat down!  At the end of it all there were about 30 folks here.  It looked like the swarm of locusts of Biblical proportions eating at my table!  A great time was had by all.  

Just a great 4th of July here at ChezChef!  I hope your 4th was as much fun as was mine!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Shuley said:

Firstly, I love your term “appiteasers” I have never heard that before. Second, I love that everyone just showed up at your house looking for food. Did you have enough for them? Hahaha.

Third, I will have to try that spiral cook method.

Shelly - I've used appiteasers for years.  It just kind of happened and I don't know  if I picked it up or invented it. 

I've told my neighbors To drop by anytime I'm out BBQing and they smell TheBeast getting ready to put great food on the table.  So I've created a bit of my own monster.  All I ask is they bring some meat or side dish. That way everyone gets to chow down.  It is my version of the old kids book "Stone Soup".

25 minutes ago, Aussie Ora said:

Looks like everyone enjoyed a top feed nicely done mate

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill♨

Thanks, Chris.  We all had fun.  My brothers and I were the evening's entertainment … we'd regale the neighborhood with tales of our childhood.  That's always good for more than a few laughs!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rak said:

Love it that everyone just pops over!  You must be one heck of a neighbour Ken!!

@Rak - We do kind of have a great neighborhood here.  And the aroma of burning hickory is dadgummed irresistible!  If only I had known that hickory smoke was such a great way to meet folks, especially women, when I was quite a bit younger!  Forget puppies and kittens; burn some hickory and smoke some meat! :)

Howdy, Bruce!  Thanks for taking a look and complimenting that cook.  I appreciate it.  

I'll see what I can do to get my Brother's recipe, if he even has one.  he makes this as a Vegan German Potato Salad as our other brother is a full on Vegan.  There is no egg, no bacon/ham, no hint of cheese, etc.  Only vegetable stuff.  It is quite tasty, but I don't know if he has an actual recipe.  I do know that I had to hickory smoke some salt so that he could make that recipe the first time.  

• Like 1

Thanks, hickory smoked salt! is there no end to the things you guys do with your konodos? I have to be honest here I haven't cooked on mine yet but plan on doing something tomorrow I have a shipment of meat coming so will start. I have  funny quirk I don't like to use things once I buy them. Stupid I know especially with something as good as the KK.

I know once I get pass the first cook I will be using it all the time. anyway I like reading all the post here and am learning a lot. Thanks again CChef

• Like 1

My long time friend drove 3 hrs. yesterday to help me work on my fence, he is amazing, works like a machine. This time he brought his lovely wife with him to help out she also works like a machine LOL. I think the real reason he brought her was to see my KK BB32 when he was here last time he fell in love with the one I have. I wouldn't be surprised if they buy one. I heard the 42 is coming out next month I told my friend that If buy the 42 I'll give him my 32 LOL. But only if he helps me move the 42 into the back yard.

• Like 1

@CeramicChef - Sounds like you have been anointed the neighborhood party house, my BBQ brother! My only rule is BYOB. I'll feed you til you bust a gut, but not gonna share all of my alcohol! 

@Bruce Pearson - given the issues you have with that fence to get your KK to the backyard, it might actually be a good trade with your buddy! And, trust me, we'll peer pressure you into using that KK, no worries it's going to join the rest of the "collection." 

• Like 1

@tony b - you know how there was always a house where every one of your friends gathered when you were growing up?  That was my house.  That has carried over into adulthood.  My house is always Party Central.  As for the booze, I only serve beer and even then, I ask folks to bring a 6er or 2 to help out.  I can feed the Marine Corps off TheBeast, but I damned sure can't let them drink on my dime!  If we're doing a kegler, I ask for a $5 per head donation for all who imbibe.  Many hands ....