Memphishusky

Tomorrow is delivery day!!!

Tomorrow between 9AM and 12PM I will officially be a KK32 owner......well if the trucking company comes through. It's been quite the journey and hours upon hours of analysis. Absolutely hit the paralysis by analysis stage, but powered through and after talking to Dennis pulled the trigger. Also a shoutout to my new buddy CeramicChef, as he provided some sage-like advice. The color decision became a family battle with mommy winning- shocker right! 

We decided on a color Dennis called "Levi". So we have narrowed the names down to "501" or "Strauss", trust ya'll can figure out why. Got a few accessories- extra basket and splitter, the grate grabbers, rib rack, and 5 boxes of each type of charcoal. Figured I should load up to take advantage of the low shipping. Thrilled  to shortly be in the family, though my credit card says I am already. 

Pictures and unpack process to follow. 

• Like 1

@Memphishusky - well my Friend, tomorrow is a cardinal day indeed!  Congrats to you and the whole family.  Take lots of pics.  You'll want them for your own memories as well as posting here.  We love to share in your glee and remember when our KKs hit the house.  It's a very special day, second only to the First Cook!  

The wife and the neighbors wife got it unpacked. Me, the wife and the sprinkler system crew then got it to the backyard. We played a leapfrog game with plywood sheets to get through the garden and to the patio, when it now rests. Taking a break from the Memphis heat before fully unwrapping and taking further pics. 

Moving the Bad Boy was a lesson in physics. Objects in motion........don't stay on the path or the plywood. wow. 

image.jpeg

• Like 2