Hey all, not 100% on where to post this, but just received my motor for the Rotisserie setup that seems won't be available for at least a month. While waiting, it looks like I'm going to need a bracket that did not come with this Onegrill heavy duty, waterproof dealie. Anyone know what I'm looking for here? Also, not sure how the shafts or Springs are to be used with this, but neither shafts fits in this that I can tell...it has what appears to be a 4 sided hole, that would fit something like a 3/8ths type socket wrench/shaft....?

20160710_151002.jpg

Yes it's a 3/8" square hole. The bracket and adapter shaft along with Springs and various other parts will come with the rotisserie setup.

Just happens I'm doing a rotisserie chicken tonight. Figured now was a good time to get the KK setup. Snapped you a couple of pictures which should give you an idea how this works. I have the smaller OneGrill motor but everything should be the same.

c1612bef99e33f2337c9d36340f89db7.jpg

069475c2973c822261b995535371ef68.jpg

01b230adddbe61d40b3d1a7a026157f2.jpg

b92a66fe55b13c8034b4ea430a38ba3e.jpg

Reef's Bistro

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ckreef said:

Yes it's a 3/8" square hole. The bracket and adapter shaft along with Springs and various other parts will come with the rotisserie setup.

Just happens I'm doing a rotisserie chicken tonight. Figured now was a good time to get the KK setup. Snapped you a couple of pictures which should give you an idea how this works. I have the smaller OneGrill motor but everything should be the same.

c1612bef99e33f2337c9d36340f89db7.jpg

069475c2973c822261b995535371ef68.jpg

01b230adddbe61d40b3d1a7a026157f2.jpg

b92a66fe55b13c8034b4ea430a38ba3e.jpg

Reef's Bistro

Thanks all! And I'm a picture person....thanks a ton ckreef!

I think I just need to hang loose and wait for the stuff to arrive. Happy the bracket will be included...

• Like 1

Thanks all! And I'm a picture person....thanks a ton ckreef!

I think I just need to hang loose and wait for the stuff to arrive. Happy the bracket will be included...

It's all good. When your rotisserie setup arrives, if you can't figure it out (Yea it can be a little confusing) let us know we'll send you down the right path.

Reef's Bistro

• Like 1

I did my first rotisserie cook yesterday, and I've got to say it's the one thing with the KK that I haven't really enjoyed using (although the food was excellent, which is, I suppose, the point). Being a man of a certain size (see avatar picture for a not-unrealistic equivalent) , getting fat fingers to the wing nuts to tighten the adjustable bracket was a massive pain. The shaft from the motor to the kk kept unscrewing, and I had to loctite it. Then the basket unscrewed similarly - again, loctite. I appreciate that quite a lot of this is caused by the fact that a lot changed over time (motor suppliers & models etc) but it is by far the least seamless experience I have had with the kk (which, of course, is magic). As a matter of personal preference too, the basket system puts far too much metal around the protein (exacerbated by the 8" to 6" reducer system) - I am looking forward to the naked spit kit, and the cotter pin system when it is available. A very, very minor niggle in the overall amazing user experience, but one I am looking forward to seeing fixed.

getting fat fingers to the wing nuts to tighten the adjustable bracket was a massive pain.

I agree and I have relatively skinny fingers. Because of this I work my mounting plate different than most people. I keep my wing nuts set at the position they need to be. I then use the Allen wrench and come in from the top and loosen and tighten those 2 small bolts (they are really the set screws). This is much easier then attempting to loosen and tighten the wing nuts every time. You just have to check the wing nuts every few rotisserie cooks to make sure they stayed in the correct position.

My adapter shaft and basket ends came loose one time at the beginning. I took blue locktite to them and wrenched them tight. I let it dry and set for 24 hours. They haven't come loose since then and I've probably done around 20 rotisserie cooks. I don't use a spring on the adapter shaft - I found it just wasn't needed.

I don't mind the basket but would like a straight rod setup too.

Reef's Bistro

3 hours ago, _Ed_ said:

I did my first rotisserie cook yesterday, and I've got to say it's the one thing with the KK that I haven't really enjoyed using (although the food was excellent, which is, I suppose, the point). Being a man of a certain size (see avatar picture for a not-unrealistic equivalent) , getting fat fingers to the wing nuts to tighten the adjustable bracket was a massive pain. The shaft from the motor to the kk kept unscrewing, and I had to loctite it. Then the basket unscrewed similarly - again, loctite. I appreciate that quite a lot of this is caused by the fact that a lot changed over time (motor suppliers & models etc) but it is by far the least seamless experience I have had with the kk (which, of course, is magic). As a matter of personal preference too, the basket system puts far too much metal around the protein (exacerbated by the 8" to 6" reducer system) - I am looking forward to the naked spit kit, and the cotter pin system when it is available. A very, very minor niggle in the overall amazing user experience, but one I am looking forward to seeing fixed.

Been there, done that! I went through all the gyrations as well. Reversed the spin on the motor, loctite on the motor shaft, figured out the left/right threads on the basket (no loctite needed there, which preserves the ability to easily switch between the high post and low post). 

• Like 1

We have been working on the issues, first was the adjustable bracket which covered all the variations in motor sockets.  We no longer need the outside drive shaft to be adjustable so we have solid ones. the last is we now have cradles with pins instead of threads..  Solid shafts were sent before the factory closed for Idul Fitri. If they are not there now they will be any minute now.

NewRotiSleeves.jpgSolidRotiShafts.jpgRotiMotorBracket3.jpg

• Like 4

That's the thing, @DennisLinkletter - it's the one thing I am not blown away by, but I know that you are a perfectionist so it will be perfect as soon as you can get on it! I've only had my KK for a month or so, but it is the perfect combination of an objet d'art and premium-quality cooking tool. Not to mention the customer service is pretty special.

Seriously true - Dennis won't give up until it's damned near perfect.

Having spoken to him directly about this very topic, he's been as frustrated getting all the bugs sorted out as we have. Looks like a light at the end of the tunnel. Folks going forward from now will wonder what all the fuss was about in these old posts. 

So Dennis, I ordered the rotisserie for the 32 BBKK, as well as both reducers. Your guy In Customer Service sent me an email saying backordered...not shipping until August? Which bracket/pin/shaft setup will I be receiving? Any update on an eta?

Edited by FastGlass