KevinD

First Brisket on Pele

Some may have already seen this on my "First Butt" topic but since this is brisket, I felt  it deserved it's own topic – LOL!

Since the brisket immediately followed taking off my pork butt this took place at night and I neglected to take a picture of the brisket going on - this due to lack of adequate light and the need to get Pele buttoned up to begin the brisket cook without temperature getting out of control. 

The pictures are the wrapped  brisket coming off for inspection even though it felt really good and loose in my hands and then on the platter just before I rewrapped it and threw it in a cooler to sit for the next 4 to 6 hours depending upon when my guests arrive. As I begin to slice for serving I will make sure to take pictures of the brisket. If I have any of the point left I will make burnt ends out of it...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

New information for the group – I had some leftover point from the brisket, actually quite a bit. I've got Pele fired up to heat soak at  225° and then per my "Smoke and Spice" BBQ book, I'm going to make "Kansas City Burnt Ends".  Nothing really special -  other than starting with an excellent leftover brisket point.  Just additional 3 to 4 hours on the smoker between 200° and 225° after which you can take it off, chunk it up, and sauce it as you wish…

I will share pics after it comes off of Pele -  should be a very good night tonight! 

Edited by KevinD

Since I'm not a huge sauce fan the brisket did not go into Pele cut up and covered in BBQ sauce to let it soak in and become like a candy coating – it sounds like some like it that way? 

I only used a portion of the point and put the rest in the freezer to play again on another day – who knows, I might try cutting it up next time and sauce it, and then it on the smoker just to see if I'm missing something good… 

A nice little crunch on some of the edges and chewiness with the additional smoking time -  I know I don't have to tell this group how good it smells!

Here we go:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by KevinD
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, KevinD said:

I only used a portion of the point and put the rest in the freezer to play again on another day – who knows, I might try cutting it up next time and sauce it, and then it on the smoker just to see if I'm missing something good… 

Yes, indeed you are. I never sauce anything, except I will do burnt ends when I have a point. It truly is Meat Candy. :cheers:

• Like 1