John A

Just getting started

Holy crap! This thing is something. I didn't have a lot of time cause I had to get to work but I was able to get it off the pallet and in position. Still need to install the side tables. Being by myself I had to use the provided crowbar to take the top off of the crate. No big deal. Damn this thing is heavy! Hope the pics turned out ok. I did have a concern though. The 2 sides to the firebox were a bit shifted and while trying to adjust them I saw that they wouldn't sit down on the ledge. Maybe a 3/8 gap. I was able to get them flat with each other but not down to the ledge. Is this normal?  Anyway other than that in very happy with my new KK. Can't wait to get home and get the side tables on and fiddle with it. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by John A
  • Like 2

I totally agree with McKenzie, go with chicken parts until you get a chance to play around with the vents. Leg quarters are especially forgiving. 

Ribs and butts are very forgiving but the vent settings for low-n-slow is so minute best to play with those low vent settings before putting dinner on the line. 

John A, your KK is beautiful, stunning and you are sooooooooo going to enjoy it.:) Thanks for posting all the pixs looks like you didn't have to get it over and ledges or hill, a big bonus. :) :smt023 :smt023:smt038

Now all that's left is to fire it up and we know you have wood. :)

Edited by MacKenzie

Loved all the pics and great choice in grill color - ^_^ 

And your firebox looks fine to me. 

For a quick first cook, go with the chicken - my choice would be whole bird/spatchcocked. You will be amazed at how juicy it will come out compared to whatever you were grilling on before. And, post more pics of that first cook! 

Thanks for the pics, that is a beautiful cooker. Is that the Autumn Gold?

I'm not getting mine until early October, I ordered the 22 Hi-Cap in Autumn Nebula/Metallic Bronze tweed.

For accessories I got the double-bottom drip pan, the basket splitter, the cover and the grate grabbers. I'm going to add some charcoal but Dennis said the coffee lump would be in before my grill shipped so I'm waiting for that.

Congrats!

Bill