churchi, naturally the test worked perfectly even though I deleted a pix. TapaTalk post is identical to forum post. The next time it happens I'll try to contact you.

While we are at it ;) I'm finding that 10 mins to allow for editing is a little too short a time, can that be extended a little? 

Edited by MacKenzie

If you go through the menu system to your attachments the extra pictures are in there. If we could somehow edit our attachments from there I'm sure they would go away. The downside is if you weren't careful you could easily delete pictures you didn't want to delete. 

I also think if we could edit our post in raw mode (not wysiwyg mode) we could delete the tags that put those extra pictures in there. 

Unfortunately this is sort of above my pay grade - LOL 

6 minutes ago, ckreef said:

If you go through the menu system to your attachments the extra pictures are in there. If we could somehow edit our attachments from there I'm sure they would go away. The downside is if you weren't careful you could easily delete pictures you didn't want to delete. 

I also think if we could edit our post in raw mode (not wysiwyg mode) we could delete the tags that put those extra pictures in there. 

Unfortunately this is sort of above my pay grade - LOL 

Charles what exactly are you trying to achieve ok i see in my attachments where all my pics i posted and cause i dont have the permissions to do so i cant edit that screen you however are staff and you might be able to unless that is reserved for admin

i as a regular member cant edit maybe a fix to this is change permissions on this if that is possible or i would like to see the edit time limit extended if that is possible with this type of forum 

now i was able to download the pic from my attachments but i am thinking you want to delete this ???

The problem is if you accidentally upload a picture twice the extra picture will get added at the end of your post.  Just a straight edit of your post won't delete them. 

As for edit time - on the Guru you get something like an hour to be able to edit your posts. Site supporters get 2 days. I personally think there shouldn't be a time limit to editing. On a small site like this with virtually no conflict I don't see a problem with no editing  time limit. 

2 minutes ago, ckreef said:

The problem is if you accidentally upload a picture twice the extra picture will get added at the end of your post.  Just a straight edit of your post won't delete them. 

As for edit time - on the Guru you get something like an hour to be able to edit your posts. Site supporters get 2 days. I personally think there shouldn't be a time limit to editing. On a small site like this with virtually no conflict I don't see a problem with no editing  time limit. 

ok yes i have experienced that as well 

i agree we shouldnt have a time limit and that is permission based so church will have to take care of that

you as staff have a time limit btw

I would like to see the time limit expanded to at least 24 hours (or eliminated entirely, if possible). Normally, I fix things (grammar, misspellings) right away, so the time limit isn't an issue for me; but sometimes I like to go back and augment the post with more info or added pictures, that's when more time would be nice.

And please find a way for us to delete pictures. Like Charles noted, sometimes I grab the wrong one to post (fuzzy, bad lighting, etc.) and it will still show up at the end of the post, even if I don't insert it into the text.

Thanks in advance, Churchii, as I know that you'll come up with some sort of fix for us.

On 9/14/2016 at 0:44 AM, MacKenzie said:

churchi, naturally the test worked perfectly even though I deleted a pix. TapaTalk post is identical to forum post. The next time it happens I'll try to contact you.

While we are at it ;) I'm finding that 10 mins to allow for editing is a little too short a time, can that be extended a little? 

Thanks for testing @MacKenzie, when you can produce the issue please let me know and ill do my best to get it fixed for you.

Also, I have extended the 10 minutes to 60 minutes for members and 6 hours for owners. Do you think that is enough time or its too long to allow a user to edit?

@tony b, would you mind if we test out the 60 and 6 houors and see how that goes? The reason here is that if you are replying to a post, if you keep changing the text or editing it, then the replies  users have posted in the meantime may not be in context for the readers who look at the thread at a later stage. Thats the general reason i see for this option. Happy to make further changes to the time if required. 

Cheers

With the attachments, if we allow users to delete/manage their attachments we will end up loosing images (by accident or deliberate) in topics throughout the forum. I think its best to leave them there and just upload a new image if required. It would be good to have an edit/delete time for those images, so you can replace them if required, but not delete any others that are linked to topics. Unfortunately that option is not coded into the software. Ill suggest a feature request.

Do you all think the extended editing time may help to ease the issues pointed out here, or is there still a tech issue that needs to be solved?

cheers

8 hours ago, tony b said:

And please find a way for us to delete pictures. Like Charles noted, sometimes I grab the wrong one to post (fuzzy, bad lighting, etc.) and it will still show up at the end of the post, even if I don't insert it into the text.

@tony b I think i know what you mean here (maybe). When you edit your post, do you see a garbage can icon in the bottom right of the corner of the image? If you do can you click that and see if that removes the image for you? It may look see through and hard to find.