tomahawk66

Memphis dust ribs cook

Been off the forum for a long time - missed you all!! But now I'm back! Will post an update to the Bbq area that I've had put in a little later when I have more time

But for now Just a couple of photos on this cook and no money shots I'm afraid...

Will be doing a smaller rib cook tomorrow and will look to take photos at every stage.

Ribs with the membrane underneath removed salted for 4 hours and ready for some rub:

f9082f7eb4556a169c41281f9a43f7ce.jpg

Mephis Dust home made rib rub:

fb3d5d251e0f4cef234ade4ff1122075.jpg

Hickory wood making some smoke:

00d28dfe6bd3e4df92cdbaec7ed31b11.jpg

Ribs on:

21f2764f65ed5a7b2000d74181e8ec8c.jpg

And... that's it: no money shots this time!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Defiintely want to add a 32" KK to the 23" with the way the ribs are on your 32".    What does putting on salt on the ribs for 4 hours do ?    Always interested in trying new ways to BBQ.

The 32 is great - it was Ceramic Chef who is largely responsible for my decision and I'm glad I listened! It's the basket splitter that makes it so useful - so flexible and the real estate you have for grilling and big cooks is insane!

As for salting for 4 hours or even overnight, the theory behind dry brining is that when you salt the meat it draws moisture to the surface initially drying it. Then, after resting for a while, that moisture begins to be reabsorbed into the meat along with the salt, adding flavour and tenderise ng the meat. Most people do it with steaks and Turkey rather than ribs but hey! Why not?
  • Like 1