MadMedik

Smoke Pot for first time

I am doing beef ribs. The ones with tons of meat on each bone. Like short ribs, but uncut. 

I threw in the smoke pot with apple and cherry chunks. WOW. THe smoke profile is huge. Boy can you smell it.

I hope it is not too much !!!

Will post results later.

MadMedik

Edited by MadMedik
  • Like 2

Update to smoke pot and ribs:

WOW! The ribs were great, I put three chunks of cherry and apple in the pot .  In about 15 minutes it was smoking like crazy.  I have seen this before with chunks of wood but it would only last 5 or 10 minutes.

this seemed to smoke for 1 hour,,,then it slowed....then took off again.  My cook went 3 1/2 hours and it seemed to smoke more most of the time.   I cooked at 300 degrees. Put foil on lower rack as heat defuser.

Many have talked about the  thin blue smoke exiting the Komodo.   There was  no thin blue smoke...there was  A LOT of smoke leaving the Komodo.  Maybe it was the Cold Smoker that left the thin blue smoke....?? Now I am confused.... This smoke pot, lots of  smoke.

i really liked the smoke pot.  It work very well.

my wife says if I could make beef ribs like this and sell them we would be rich.  Her favorite cook I do is the beef ribs.  This was different due to the amount of meat on these ribs and of course the smoke pot.  She usually does not like when I put smoke chunks on...too smokey.  No complaints today....

so here is the results

The first pic at  2 1/2 hours  I took off, put each rack in  foil and then  put beef broth, Apple juice, and some of my rub into foil.   Back in to grill for 1 hour.  I probed with thermometer and it went in like it was soft butter and temp was 204 degrees..  I sort of thought i would go longer than 3 1/2 hours...like 5 or 6, but not even close.  I think  the  300 degrees got them done faster.    And still moist, not dried out.

took off,   rested 1 1/2 hours and ate.  OMG.  Just saying....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I don't know if you can see it, but they were very, very moist.  The  moisture was oozing out of the ribs.

Can't wait to do again.

MadMedik

Edited by MadMedik
  • Like 5