MacKenzie

Adoption

The adoption is finalized and I am so excited.

Balloons_1.jpg

Cute.jpg

My name is Little Ms. Pebbles, with thanks to Jon. J  I’m tiny, just 16 inches and weigh less than 200 pounds, but just fire me up and watch what I can do.

drum_roll2.wav

I received the phone call about my delivery after the truck was in the driveway, good job the driver didn't wait another 10 mins. or I would have been in the shower.

Unloading1.jpg

The driver asked it he could separate the lump from the grill before going down the ramp.

Sounded like an excellent idea to me.

Lump Unloading.jpg

Time to unload the KK.

Truck in Yard.jpg

Stuck.

Stuck.jpg

I made it. :)

Made It.jpg

Landed, safe and sound.

Down.jpg

Everything is on the ground.

Stacked on Ground.jpg

My carpenter and his helped moved the grill from the driveway to the deck in my little red garden cart. They put a sheet of plywood over the steps and pushed the grill with brute force.

It is now on the deck ready to unwrap.

On the Deck.jpg

Inside.jpg

Next let's get it on the temporary stand. It will be about 3 weeks before a proper stand will be built.

Unwrapped.jpg

Pebbles and Little Ms.jpg

The goodies are unwrapped.

Accessories.jpg

Spits.jpg

Sign.jpg

First smoke.

First Smoke.jpg

Time for the first cook.

Dinner Ready for Grill.jpg

First Cook.jpg

First Cook on Grill.jpg

Dinner is cooked.

Dinner is Cooked.jpg

Plated.

Plated.jpg

This story all started this summer while I was speaking with Dennis. I wanted to order a 16 inch grill thinking that it would be perfect for small cooks and perfect for the cold winter days that I want to do a quick cook. There was nothing in California that really matched my 22 inch KK so Dennis being Dennis said, "Why don't I build one to match the grill you have?" Well, naturally I  said, "Sounds like a perfect idea."

After just spending a few hours with this new grill I feel like I have hit the Mother Load of  All Mother Loads. I'm over the moon happy with Little Ms. Pebbles, trilled to pieces. 

Can't wait to try the new KK smoking tool or the spit or a rotisserie on Little Ms. Pebbles :):):) May be I'll do breakfast on the Little One tomorrow. :)  Sooooooooooo many things to try.

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 5

50 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

Thanks, dstr and Steve, they do make a nice pair and it will be great to have the ability to do two cooks at different temps at the same time. 

You're right. I didn't really appreciate the need for a second kk until a recent brisket cook when I wanted to cook a pot of beans, some mac and cheese,  and some corn bread; all at higher temps. I moved 2 out of the 3 to my pellet grill but felt I was missing some of the flavor I would have gotten from the kk. I keep telling myself it is all in my head but not sure how much longer the denial will last :)

Looking forward to your combo cooks

Wow that looks amazing. You know I love my 16" and use it more for weeknight cooks then my 19". I also frequently cook the protein on the 16" with sides on the 19". You're going to love it. 

I will say I'm a bit jealous. Looks like you got the new high capacity 16". Some design improvements have been made. 

What your 16" has that mine doesn't:

High capacity dome. Guru port plug.  Probe port plug.  Rotisserie ready. 

I must ask what is the silver knob just below the black probe plug. Mine doesn't have that either. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys. :)  

@ Steve M, yes, it is the perfect size for a casserole of mac & cheese, a chicken pot pie, baked beans, etc. I think it opens up lots of options, the more tools you have the more play time. :smt077:)

@ ck, that little silver port is for the smoke generator, it gets the smoke about the lump. Can't wait to try it, it should be great for smoking cheese or nuts. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MacKenzie said:

Thanks guys. :)  

@ Steve M, yes, it is the perfect size for a casserole of mac & cheese, a chicken pot pie, baked beans, etc. I think it opens up lots of options, the more tools you have the more play time. :smt077:)

@ ck, that little silver port is for the smoke generator, it gets the smoke about the lump. Can't wait to try it, it should be great for smoking cheese or nuts. :)

That's very interesting about the smoke generator port. So it is the same size as the guru port, but above the lump? So you could run a guru and the smoke generator simultaneously. Anyone know -- @DennisLinkletter-- whether this is going to show up on all new KK's (other than those in stock, I assume)?

Aussie, you are so right and it heats up fast. I did breakfast this morning.

Sprinkled cheddar cheese around the egg and what a great flavour it added. I can tell you that bacon on the grill is soooooo much better than done in the frying pan.

KK Breakfast Cooking.jpg

Plated.

KK Breakfast.jpg

KK Breakfast 1.jpg

Now I'd better go and drink my fruit and veggie smoothie.:) 

• Like 2

WOW  what a great set up!  I love your  Komodo Kamado  sign up on the wall.   Two beautiful  Komodo's side-by-side life doesn't get much better than that. I'm so happy for you. Question what's that long stainless steel T rod that you have sitting on the pizza stone for?

we will all be looking forward to all those beautiful cooks you have coming up and all the great pictures.  Congratulations 

Thank you, Bruce. :) :drinkers: That T shaped tool is for getting the hinge plate off so you can adjust things if need be. I suspect you have one in your accessories. It is standard equipment.

BTW, of all the pixs I posted I love the one with the KK sign in it the most. It just gives me such pleasure to look at it. I still have two more that I saved from the crate. :) 

That is wonderful news, dozer. :) :smt023:smt023

I just now started my KK smoke generator for the first time. I have some pork belly that is ready for the smoking stage and it is just now on the KK. I was surprised at how much better the homemade bacon tasted on the KK and probably any bacon for that matter. I really noticed the difference. I hope you enjoy yours at much.:)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.