billg71

KK Hi-Cap 22 is home! (lots of pics)

5 hours ago, Shuley said:

My KK is probably my favorite thing I own.....it is likely to be yours as well.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I dunno, Shuley. It's going to be hard to beat out the Nikon 800mm lens as my "favorite thing". But I can definitely see it as my favorite outdoor cooker. :D

I spent a little time this afternoon moving cookers around, I think the KK has found it's spot:

KK 22 Is Home-24.jpg

I may have to build it it's own patio around back, it makes the neighborhood look kind of tacky with all that black and stainless next to it. :(

Edited by billg71

Honestly, I couldn't live without the Genesis, it does the day-to-day work of re-heating leftovers. I guess I could do it in the oven but then where would I store all the stuff packed in the side cabinets? I just did some quick measurements, the side cabinet doors are the same size as the ones on the Genesis so I just got off the phone with Weber and ordered two stainless doors. That should help appearance-wise. I never liked those black doors anyway.

Not in the picture is my PK, love that grill!

Edited by billg71
can't spell :(

1 hour ago, tinyfish said:

A teak cabinet would look great there and would solve your storage issues. 

Not to spend your money.......................but at least some side tables for the KK...................that  would balance out the array of cooking machines  :smt023

(nice set up by the way!)

looks good.  I agree that you need some teak in that setup!

As for the other grills...  to each is own.  I miss my gasser sometimes, but overall glad to be done with it.  I think that the summit is on life support once you get going on that KK.   I gave up a WSM 22, 22 weber kettle, 6 Kamado Joes, and a napoleon prestige pro 500 series gasser once my 23 and 32 arrived.  After a few cooks you will see the subtle differences that make the KK the top dog!  It will be hard to cook on other grills once you start 

No, Mac I didn't. After seeing all the spinning chooks and other yummy roti cooks posted here I'm thinking that might be my next accessory. :)

I thought about the side tables but they won't fit in available space. Although they do look nice on the cooker.

Thanks again,

Bill

MacKenzie is spot on, as usual. The rotisserie cooks are perfection. Spray a little non-stick slippery stuff on it before you put the meat in it. It makes clean up super easy. It turns plain old chickens into a delicious meal! I did a small port roast on mine a while back and that came out juicy and flavorful. I used the charcoal divider on that cook. You'll have fun experimenting with all the possibilities of your setup.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2016 at 5:37 PM, MacKenzie said:

Bill, you won't be disappointed with the rotisserie accessory. :)

I know we all can suggest how you can get room for the side tables. :smt077

Hey Mac, if you want to come get my Summit Charcoal I'll make you a deal.... :smt077

Edited by billg71