atlonglast

Ordered after four years of procrastinating!!

Hi all, placed my order two weeks ago after four years of indecision and emailing Dennis a few times a year with questions. Tried different BBQ's and smokers but always knew the KK was what I wanted.

Had my heart set on a 23 in matte black pebbles, so that is what I went with and I'm very excited. I'm in Perth, Australia and my new KK (still working on a name) is at the dock about to be loaded onto a ship to Fremantle, going via Singapore. Should arrive at the end of November, then its however long customs clearance takes, and its mine! 

I have to say that in the two weeks since I took the plunge, I have been reading posts on this forum just about every day, and it is amazing what I have learnt so far. You guys are awesome. 

Dennis's team are excellent, have kept me posted all along the way and even sent me a sneak peak of my unit before they packaged it up. 

IMG_0054.JPG

• Like 7

Welcome to the club mate. Congrats on the purchase. My 32" has the black pebbles and it looks stunning in the backyard. You are going to love cooking on the KK. Purchase lots of charcoal and have it ready for when it arrives.

Remember, we all love pics on this site. So the unboxing thread is a must and the first cook too.

Welcome and cant wait to see your progress on the KK.

Thanks for all the great replies everyone, can't wait to see the beast in the flesh. 

Will make sure to take lots of pics of delivery and first cook. Just got to decide what to cook, maybe a standing rib roast, big fan of those. I keep reading about doing it low and slow with a high heat sear at the end, which sounds good, might be tricky for a first cook though. 

• Like 1

Sounds like a great first cook easily done put it on and let it sit then bring the KK up to 550 f and let it vent and sear. Were abouts in Perth are you from the fees for customs aren't to bad I think I paid around $1300 but it was not about the cost for me it was getting the best thing I could. The KK Is an unbelievable over engineered work of art that delivers mouthwatering meals time after time.

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

Sounds easy enough, I will give it a go. Very keen to try the rotisserie too.

I am in Wembley. According to the schedule  it should land in Freo on the 28th Nov. Hoping it doesn't take too long to clear through customs - those fees are more than I expected but like you said, it's about getting the best. 

Who did you use for customs clearance and delivery?

• Like 1

Sounds easy enough, I will give it a go. Very keen to try the rotisserie too.

I am in Wembley. According to the schedule  it should land in Freo on the 28th Nov. Hoping it doesn't take too long to clear through customs - those fees are more than I expected but like you said, it's about getting the best. 

Who did you use for customs clearance and delivery?

I used what Dennis recommended. The Aussie dollar sucks at the moment and in typical Aussie form everyone has their hand out lol

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 1

On 11/6/2016 at 6:43 PM, atlonglast said:
I have contacted a couple of agents but still waiting for a response, this is WA afterall. 

What charcoal do you use? I am looking at the mallee root charcoal, looks like a good one. 

I would go with what Dennis recommend can't remember their name but it was stress free cost me 250 to get it delivered could have picked it up myself for cheaper but. Couldn't be bothered lol. As for lump Kj from bbqs galore is excellent or bunnings sell char Grill works well. I found someone that sells gidgee works good

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk