Hephaestus

Naan bread

On 11/7/2016 at 10:55 AM, tony b said:

Nice looking Naan.

Since the KK is kinda like a tandoor, I've often wondered if you could slap the bread onto the inside of the lid? I'd put the lower grate in as a "safety net" just in case it dropped off. 

My wife has me investigating naan and I was wondering the same thing...quite sooty though so...I'm thinking not. Seeing a lot of great naan threads on this forum though!

• Like 2

Hi Tucker, Here is the recipe:

1.5 tsp yeast, 1 cup of warm water, 1.5 tsp sugar, 3 cups flour, 1 tsp salt, 6 tsp ghee (clarified butter), 3 tsp yogourt, 3 tsp onion seeds. (Can be substituted with black sesame seeds)

Place dry yeast and sugar in warm water and stir until dissolved. Cover for 10 min. and set as aside. Mix flour and salt and seeds in to a large bowl. Add yeast mixture, butter and yogourt and knead for a few minutes. Shape in to a large ball of dough and place in to a greased bowl. Cover and let rise for 90 min. Remove, punch for about 10 min. Divide in to 8 balls. Gently pull on edge to form a tear drop and start baking.  

PS. Let kk reach around 550F and keep it at this temp. for at least 30 min. to make sure the whole kk including the stone are heated through to this temp.

• Thanks 1