ckreef

Mrs skreef's Accident

Oh my!  That looks awful and mighty painful!  Time for her to put her feet up and let others take care of her.  Be sure that she gets some PT down the road to regain full use of the finger back.

PT is scheduled. I will need it before they will release me back to the work force. Very confident I will with time. I will miss my job in the mean time.

Mrs. Reef's Bistro

• Like 1

You are correct, easy is good since getting the blood pumping while trying to do something else would hurt even with hand elevated.

Range of motion with knuckle being involved is scary.  Infection would be a concern as well so taking it easy and keeping it clean, dry and drinking good fluids and eating good food is essential.

I have been pretty lucky in life when it comes to trauma and have survived all of it, so far :-)

I hope she has a designated cooker/chef for the KK!!

Ckreef is taking very good care of me. No complaints.

Mrs. Reef's Bistro

• Like 1

I was doing pretty good until I got old. Now I have a steel plate in my neck the steel ball in my left shoulder and a steel ball in my left hip.  I'm afraid to jump into the deep end of the swimming pool with all that steel I would  probably stink right to the bottom lol

Wow better change your name to iron man lol. Only joking I hope there is no more to come

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Age is a cruel mistress isn't she?!?  Our Golden Year are more like tarnished brass.  Do you travel through metal detectors in your normal routine?  They are a big hassle for me, and now radiation detectors can trip from my cancer treatments.

It sure can I wish you all the best the big C has taken some really great people from me

• Like 1

On 11/14/2016 at 11:15 PM, Shuley said:

Holycrap you must be in a boat load of pain. I will pray that you will have some comfort.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Thank you Shuley. Yes it has been very painful. Seeing surgeon tomorrow for 1 week check up. I hope I will  get a good check up.  

I went back to get the rest of my stitches out today. One of those stitches rubbed a nerve.. Felt like  electrocution. At that point she still had 5 more to go.....petrified now...bout to dig a hole in my head intisipation for the next wave of pain..  The next one didn't rub a nerve....Thank goodness...she said she got them all.... Yayyy... She cleans up everything and what you know... She found another one...Dang it... This one is in the most deep and tender spot... O boy.. Back to digging in my head...good godly miss molly... Pain pain... Whew!!! Thats over... I didn't pass out or cry... Now just need a bandaid for my head... I  head now to see the Doctor.. He said hes taking the pin out in 2 weeks... Just enough time for my head to heal...so after 3 hours of torture and didn't cry... I'm had to treat myself to Starbucks awesome coffee and a cake pop.  Ok.. Now all good..      

Edited by skreef
  • Like 1

On 11/28/2016 at 2:08 AM, Aussie Ora said:

It sure can I wish you all the best the big C has taken some really great people from me

In 50 yrs this is my second bout of cancer, a different cancer but the Big C none the less.  The funny thing is that I have had far worse things happen to me and survived, even if several family members have died from the first cancer I had in 1967 (melanoma).  So I have high hopes in beating this too.  I know we all die sooner or later so live as much as possible and enjoy the ride!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bruce Pearson said:

You're a brave girl Susan. My finger hurt just telling us what they did to you. I hope you heal up very fast and get back  to cooking on your KK's soon

Thank you Bruce.. Oneday, it will all be a memory and a learnt lesson at that. 

Susan, it is good to hear that you are now only on ibuprofen, that is a good step forward with your recovery!  Saying prayers that the pin removal will go smoothly.  Last year I had a screw taken out of the bone in my right foot (bunion surgery) because it hurt more with the screw being left in than just removing it.  So you might feel a whole lot better when that blasted pin is removed.  Save the pin and make something out of it :-) When I requested the screws from my foot I had to sign a release, even though it was mine and I paid to have it put in and I was paying to have it removed.  Pretty odd if you ask me.

My mother had 21 major abdominal surgeries in her lifetime and when they did the last one there was not enough skin left on her belly for the sutures to hold without tearing through scar tissue so the surgeon used strain reliefs for the sutures to distribute the load on the skin; they were about 3/4" diameter buttons so it looked like she was laced up.  She had a sense of humor about it and saved the buttons so after the surgery/removal of sutures and for the follow up she made a new dress and used the buttons on it.  The doctor just busted out laughing when he saw what she had done with the hardware.  So, shock your doc with creativity :-)

• Like 1