Turtle

A Tribute to the original Black Volcanic--Larry

Man, those are some tasty looking ribs!

It might be a while before I eat ribs again...Smokey Bones had all you can eat baby backs on special, and I went all in - 2 and a half racks :shock: I was sick of them by that point, but damn they were good!

:shock: Smokey Bones took a serious hit! You might consider a disguise next time you go there :lol: .

Wait a minute' date=' you can't just buy one of those things and name it Larry can you. Does Dennis have the name list and send out the documentation and birth certificate and all? Is'nt Larry Pork Chop's black volcanic's name? Dude...that's just wrong :shock:[/quote']Curly, I think it's ok. The photos were a TRIBUTE to Larry - the one and only. Not that the photos were of a NEW Larry. Like dressin up and sayin yer doin an Elvis tribute. Not that you ARE Elvis, or calling yourself Elvis.

To Larry! Long live the King! :)

"there can be only one"... of course, if i turned my head everytime i heard my name called for someone else named the same, i'd have whiplash...

them babybacks lookin' good... been too long since i've done them; like to get a bigger bang for my buck with untrimmed spares. but a nice plate o babybacks is nothing to sneeze at! really great pics!

smokey bones? please... :roll:

Hmm, I sorta hoped that, then I saw what looked like a Guru in the last pic...and I know Larry doesn't cook with a Guru :shock:

So I'm still a bit baffled. :oops: So, he's showing his own black volcanic as a tribute to Larry...the original, right?

OK, I'm in my happy place now :o

I think you might have it figured out. Let's just stay in that happy place a little longer, though, just in case. :smt031

Oops. My punctuation and syntax may have caused the confusion. Sanny’s intuition had the correct understanding. It was a tribute, a tip of the hat, to the one and only Larry. The tiled cookers look great but I just like the simple style of the black volcanic. All the pics of Larry (next to the other black volcanic) were a significant confirming influence in my color selection, as well as my cooker selection among the various manufacturers. Ask Dennis for a referral fee!

My humble and sincere apology if the guru attachment is sacrilegious to Larry’s sense of Q decency!

"... like to get a bigger bang for my buck with untrimmed spares...

PC,

When I was at Costco I noticed they are ~2$ and the babybacks are ~3$ a pound. I like the idea of more bang. Do you have any advice on how to trim and cook the untrimmed ribs? Or do you just cook em as they are out of the shrink wrap? :?:

"... like to get a bigger bang for my buck with untrimmed spares...

PC,

When I was at Costco I noticed they are ~2$ and the babybacks are ~3$ a pound. I like the idea of more bang. Do you have any advice on how to trim and cook the untrimmed ribs? Or do you just cook em as they are out of the shrink wrap? :?:

Check those babybacks for 3$ a lb, sometimes they trim the spares and call the back ribs and people think they are baby backs and jump all over them.

3$ a lb ain't bad for babybacks.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.