MacKenzie

Quarter Hour Chili

I'll start wth the complete recipe for the chili. These are scans from a book by Lorna Sass called Pressure Perfect.

PC Chili.jpgMethod.jpg

I made half the recipe and followed the instructions with the exceptions - I did not half the water and I only had whole tomatoes. Here it is after a 4 min. cook. At this point you add pepper, minced garlic and oregano.

Chili After 4 Min Cook.jpg

Now add everybody's favourite - beans. ;) :evil:

Chili Is Done.jpg

I would like to have added some shredded cheddar cheese but alas I didn't have any in the house.

Chili.jpg

I would definitely make this again. So often you get a craving for chili now, well with this recipe you can pretty well have it now.:)

• Like 1

Tinyfish, I've had my stove top PCs for many years and only recently have come to really appreciate them, wish I had done it sooner. Perhaps i didn't care for the lack of control on an electric stove and now that I have much better control with the gas I am liking to use them more often. The chili was surprisingly good and I will make it again. It should taste even better today.

I need to smoke some cheddar cheese and shave that on the chili. :)

Edited by MacKenzie

tiny

The electric and stovetop pressure cookers have their pros and cons. The electric ones are programmable to go off at a pre set time. You can put non perishables in there and have the thing fire up say, six hours from now. This is good for beans, oatmeal, certain veggies and all sorts of other foods. Not poultry! If you are cooking in real time, once you set the cooking time, you push a button and go do something else. The thing will cook, stop cooking, depressurize, and kick itself in to "stay warm" food safe temperature mode. They are super convenient. They don't cook at the highest pressure a stovetop model can achieve, but it doesn't make any difference to your outcome. It just takes a few more minutes to cook. The electric ones also have a browning mode to brown meats, a slow cook mode to cook like a crock pot, and a few other modes. I have not perceived any limitations at all to my electric Secura 6 in 1.

• Like 1